Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    This is my first post and I just needed to write about my Pre experience.

First... I've had Sprint since early 2001. I'm not a big cell phone junkie and recently owned a Q for a few years. I stayed out of contract debating to switch to another cell provider... I love the idea of the iPhone,, but the cost of the phone and ATT isn't appealing.

So... as I go to look for a battery for my dying Q, I find the PRE! AND I LOVE IT!!! So much so that I got one for my wife (thanks BestBuy $99 guy) and together we're on the family plan.

Now, I take care of my things. I don't like talking to Sprint. I don't like going into their store. Customer service on the phone has been a bad experience over the years and the employees in the stores seem like car salesmen at times... so I have no interest in trying to scam for deals or "score" free stuff.

I get my Pre home and spend 3 days just playing with it, I was having so much fun. Then I notice.... dropped calls in my house all day long. One bar of reception. NONE of my other Sprint phones have had that problem. Oh well.... I'll figure something out. My wife got hers and she spent a few days getting to know it. And what do you know, her Pre doesn't receive calls in the house either. She too has had other Sprint over the years, never having a problem. then... bang. Keyboard doesn't work. Take it back to BestBuy and replaced little fuss....

I then pick up my phone yesterday and the touchscreen doesn't work. Off to Sprint store I go and what do you know? There were TWO OTHER PEOPLE THERE that had problems with their PRE. I AM NOT KIDDING. The Palm Rep was there, but was busy showing another gal the tips and tricks of her new Pre. I wanted tell her as she left to keep the receipt, she's going to need it.
    Since I was 26 days with my Pre, I got a new one.

Now we have two new phones in the house and happy again, as long as we don't actually have to talk on them.

I do like the Pre. I like the web. I like how it does email and music and videos. I look forward the aplications.

I just don't look forward to the several refurb models I'm sure I"ll own over the next couple years.

Thanks for reading.

S.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beechnut View Post
    This is my first post and I just needed to write about my Pre experience.

First... I've had Sprint since early 2001. I'm not a big cell phone junkie and recently owned a Q for a few years. I stayed out of contract debating to switch to another cell provider... I love the idea of the iPhone,, but the cost of the phone and ATT isn't appealing.

So... as I go to look for a battery for my dying Q, I find the PRE! AND I LOVE IT!!! So much so that I got one for my wife (thanks BestBuy $99 guy) and together we're on the family plan.

Now, I take care of my things. I don't like talking to Sprint. I don't like going into their store. Customer service on the phone has been a bad experience over the years and the employees in the stores seem like car salesmen at times... so I have no interest in trying to scam for deals or "score" free stuff.

I get my Pre home and spend 3 days just playing with it, I was having so much fun. Then I notice.... dropped calls in my house all day long. One bar of reception. NONE of my other Sprint phones have had that problem. Oh well.... I'll figure something out. My wife got hers and she spent a few days getting to know it. And what do you know, her Pre doesn't receive calls in the house either. She too has had other Sprint over the years, never having a problem. then... bang. Keyboard doesn't work. Take it back to BestBuy and replaced little fuss....

I then pick up my phone yesterday and the touchscreen doesn't work. Off to Sprint store I go and what do you know? There were TWO OTHER PEOPLE THERE that had problems with their PRE. I AM NOT KIDDING. The Palm Rep was there, but was busy showing another gal the tips and tricks of her new Pre. I wanted tell her as she left to keep the receipt, she's going to need it.
    Since I was 26 days with my Pre, I got a new one.

Now we have two new phones in the house and happy again, as long as we don't actually have to talk on them.

I do like the Pre. I like the web. I like how it does email and music and videos. I look forward the aplications.

I just don't look forward to the several refurb models I'm sure I"ll own over the next couple years.

Thanks for reading.

S.
    Well the Pre is known to not have the best reception. The build quality is known to be a huge problem with the Pre. Unfortunately theres not much you can do except keep exchanging until you find a great pre. As for the reception issue, I've personally been okay with it. I haven't had a single problem.

What you can do is this:

Call Sprint, get a hold of the retentions department (just as CS to transfer you there). Then say your prob going to cancel because you have terrible service in your house and your dropping calls. They should offer you the Airave for free and free airave monthly service. If they don't, mention it to them. This will give you FULL service in your house.
    Call Sprint support (i know, your favorite) and they probably will send you a free airave.

That'll solve your problems.

edit: b10
    i had the same problems with reception untill i updated my network settings.