Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Okay guys I read thread after thread of people crying leaving their Pre's. I LOVE my Pre but I had a situation go down tonight, this phone is done.

Basically me and a few buddies got in a life or death situation where communcation via phone call with various parties was necessary. This involved makign calls FAST.

Well, my Pre failed badly. This phone is not capable of making QUICK emergency calls (one of my calls was to (911). I've read every thread on this forum and I don't want excuses. I just want people to understand that when I was trying to make calls there was 3-10 seconds LAG for the program to load or for it to search the contacts to make a call. I was a store manager selling cell phones so I've had 20+ phones.

[Text deleted by moderator-profanity violates the Forum Guidelines:

Foul and inappropriate language - This forum is used by people of all ages, so please keep posts and links family appropriate. We use software filters to block some common language use and will not tolerate any attempts to beat such filters.]

Take this as a warning.
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/14/2009 at 09:20 AM. Reason: removed profanity
    I saw a car catch fire with no one around. Like drove by it as the windows busted. It was in a parking lot next to other cars. The pre dialed 911 with no problem. Sorry to hear about your experience.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Well, I'm TOTALLY convinced! The depth of detail, the sincerity of your post, and most importantly, the eleoquence in which it was written, have thouroughly convinced me.

I'l be keeping mine.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Well, I'm TOTALLY convinced! The depth of detail, the sincerity of your post, and most importantly, the eleoquence in which it was written, have thouroughly convinced me.

I'l be keeping mine.
    who would make up a story like that? (unless you weren't being sarcastic XD)
    well since you are about to return the pre...U kno all u had to was just slide ur phone up and press the orange key twice and then hit 911 and press the it on the screen then bam..lol or the same goes for ur contacts and my phone dials those numbers pretty quick.sorry man
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    3-10 seconds OMG!!!

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    If I want to make a *fast* call, I slide open the keyboard
    and dial from the keyboard's number pad, hit enter and the
    phone app is up and it's ringing within 3 seconds. May have to
    hit the button below the display to cardify any open apps if necessary.

Same with locating contacts. Starting from universal search, type
    first couple letters of contact name, or better still first letter of first name,
    and first letter of last, tap on whichever number I want to dial when
    they're automatically all displayed when a match is found.. Can take as little as
    3 presses to find a name and dial a number, 4 if you count the swipe
    or tap to get to universal search.

ian
    Last edited by Daemon; 08/14/2009 at 02:49 AM.
    man, he made it easier than me......dude u just drop the ball and u just wanna blame it on the pre...im luvin this phone tho and im totally gonna kill this fantasy football league rite from my phone....off topic sorry..but dude remember universal search
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    dude thank you for this vital input. i agree, you should throw your pre away asap. life or death situations require a phone with true grit. the pre just doesnt stand a chance in your fast paced world of danger
    Thank you and this thread has gone far enough as it is. Goodnight!