1.    #1  
    I just received my Seidio 2600 battery, and it says to charge it fully for 8 hours before using in the device. I don't have a separate battery charger, so I turned my Pre off, changed batteries, put the new back on, and plugged it in. As soon as I plugged it in, the Pre turned on.

Is there a trick to this, or will it be fine just charging like it always does with the phone on?
    Seems to be Pre is always on when charging. I turned mine off several times hoping to get quicker charge only to have it turn on once plugged in or put on touchstone. Only using oem battery.
    The closest you can come is to turn on Airplane mode. Even if you press and hold the power button and choose the "Power Off" option, the minute you plug the Pre in, it will power back on.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    You can actually turn the Pre off after its been plugged in but I wouldn't try it. I tried that one morning and it resulted in the phone not charging at all!
    Oh! Touchstone or cable?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
    You can actually turn the Pre off after its been plugged in but I wouldn't try it. I tried that one morning and it resulted in the phone not charging at all!
    I tried that too...thankfully, mine kept charging.

Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by garos09 View Post
    Oh! Touchstone or cable?
    Mine was with a cable. Charged for about an hour and it was at 23% when I took it off. Couldn't have been much less than that when I put it on.
    Thanks, guess i'll let it do it's thing long as it's charging. Weird tonight was it was dropping power on TS so I plugged direct to get charged. Was really hotter (than normal) on TS. Never a problem before (on 2nd+ month). Night before or so it locked on charging state on phone icon even though it wasn't plugged in or on stone. Pwroff/pwron fixed that. Again, weird.