1.    #1  
    Animated nexrad weather radar.
    Optimized for Pre

Update 1.1 (Added default view option)

Animated Nexrad Weather Radar: www.v1rotate.com/radar

Enjoy
    Clear Skies
    Last edited by ossi; 08/14/2009 at 11:43 AM. Reason: update 1.1
    Very cool! I'm a weather junkie, never too many sources!
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Thanks!
    Love it
    Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Nice...thanks!
    Nice for seeing the whole country but I don't see a way to "localize" it for your city only. You can zoom a little but not enough detail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Nice for seeing the whole country but I don't see a way to "localize" it for your city only. You can zoom a little but not enough detail.
    I find the strong point of this one is that you can zoom in as far as you want. Use the controls on the left side.

The trouble is that it takes 5 minutes or so to center and zoom where you want then all that configuring goes away when ever you refresh or reload. Even if you save the card to the Launcher you lose all the formatting every time you start over.
    Just use http://m.wickens.ws/wx/

Local & Animated Radar compliments of someone on the board I believe!! I use this more than accuweather now!

Works great on the Pre!!
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by PWguy View Post
    I find the strong point of this one is that you can zoom in as far as you want. Use the controls on the left side.

The trouble is that it takes 5 minutes or so to center and zoom where you want then all that configuring goes away when ever you refresh or reload. Even if you save the card to the Launcher you lose all the formatting every time you start over.
    Added a "Default View" button so now you can save your location and zoom level, just press this button when you have used pan and zoom functions on top left corner to get the view you like, and it will remember this next time.
    (Button is located below map in the center)
    Last edited by ossi; 08/14/2009 at 11:49 AM.
    Map doesn't come up for me... I see the default and home button but no map?
    I like wickens better than v1rotate because I do not want topography or anything else onscreen except the radar.

I like the WxRad app because it is even more full screen with nothing else taking up any screen space. WxRad and wickens are also higher def than v1rotate.

I respect how cool color topo maps are but when I glance at a tiny radar display, I want it as big as possible with nothing to cause distraction.

Still I have all three on my Pre. One or another may not be updated.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/14/2009 at 10:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Looks pretty neat, just need an easier way to zoom in.
    Quote Originally Posted by ossi View Post
    Added a "Default View" button so now you can save your location and zoom level, just press this button when you have used pan and zoom functions on top left corner to get the view you like, and it will remember this next time.
    (Button is located below map in the center)
    That is much better.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by JFGABEL View Post
    Looks pretty neat, just need an easier way to zoom in.
    What is the easiest way to zoom in?
    Just use your 2 fingers, like you zoom in other stuff.

If you mean bout the google map nav bar, I understand.
    Basically map is prezoomed and compressed at the same time, so you can easily zoom in with using 2 fingers. You only get zoomed in so much, but its mainly to see general storm and its movement. Targeted for pilots traveling longer distances.

Altough you can use google nav buttons to zoom in more detailed maps, its not meant to be main nav aid.

btw you can select different map background as well

Clear Skies