1.    #1  
    This is probably a dumb question about ringtones, but if i email myself a wav or mp3 file to use as a ringtone, how do i save it to the ringtone folder to use it?

Or do i have to hook it up to the computer to put it specifically in that folder?

Thanks
    You have to hook the phone up via USB and drop your file into the Ringtones folder. Right now the Pre does not support the saving of email attachments.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    You have to hook the phone up via USB and drop your file into the Ringtones folder. Right now the Pre does not support the saving of email attachments.
    But you can save picture attachments. I wonder why I can't save a mp3 that is emailed as an attachment. I can play it but not save it, weird...
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    why not just create your own ringtone via iTunes? Cut the song to your desired stopping point, convert it to mp3 or acc. and just drag it to your phones, ringtone folder
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CDUBB007 View Post
    why not just create your own ringtone via iTunes? Cut the song to your desired stopping point, convert it to mp3 or acc. and just drag it to your phones, ringtone folder
    I know it sounds irrational but I haven't opened the USB port since launch day. I'm always looking for solutions that don't involve having to open it.
    Here is everything about ringtones:

Get (or Make) Free Ringtones.

It also tells how to cut your won from your own mp3's and gives sites that have over a million ringtones.

- Craig
    Just upload it and it will be sent to you in text.
    it downloads on its own to the correct place
    Rumkin dot com (wont let me post a link not enough posts)
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    ok, well I havent tried it yet with my pre, but with my instinct (FAIL) create the ringtone in iTunes, upload it onmyxer, and have it sent to your phone
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    ^^^ ** on myxer.com
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    I know it sounds irrational but I haven't opened the USB port since launch day. I'm always looking for solutions that don't involve having to open it.
    Get root access, set up WinSCP, and you won't have to hook it up to USB.