Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Let me start by saying that I love this phone and everything that it is capable of, but exactly when is this thing going to live up to being a so called iphone killer???? I am not too familiar with smartphones but what I do know is that over the weekend when i pulled out my pre in front of a group of friends to compare it to a friends 3gs i was absolutely embarassed. It only took me about 20 sec's before I put my phone back in my pocket. No video camera, no apps a smaller screen and when I tried to show off the multitasking I found that it was not much better than the 3gs

Like I said I love the phone but iphone killer?????

I know it is a new os but c'mon palm, I was under contract already so i had to pay full price and right now I feel like the $480 dollars I paid to upgrade from a samsung rant to a rant with a web browser was a jip. I am now on day 32 and am starting to think i shoulda returned the phone 3 days ago, I could've bought a netbook and an air card for what I paid for this phone.

C'mon palm where's the freaking updates? where's the apps? where's the video camera? PLEASE UPDATE THE PHONE SO I WON'T FEEL LIKE I GOT ROBBED!!!!!
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    go home troll. this is just pathetic. try a little harder next time to seem like a real person.
    k? thanks. bye.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    So because you are new to the phone and not using all of it's capabilities it's the Pre's fault? Tell your friends that the Pre is the one who is being robbed because you are not even a 1.0 user.

I feel bad for your Pre, call the cops and tell them your Pre needs to file a police report because you robbed it and made it look bad in front of it's peers.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    So because you are new to the phone and not using all of it's capabilities it's the Pre's fault? Tell your friends that the Pre is the one who is being robbed because you are not even a 1.0 user.

I feel bad for your Pre, call the cops and tell them your Pre needs to file a police report because you robbed it and made it look bad in front of it's peers.
    dont know about u.....but ur living in the past.....imo my pre is so much better than the 3gs...for me i dont give a **** about apps....wooopeeeddooooo 50,000 apps the apple store has big deal....i love my phone for the multitasking and plus the sprint service is much better than att and cheaper wut else can u ask for...yes the 3gs has video recording but its coming...dont know when but in reality i dont give a ****....multitasking is wut kills any other fone imo...stop crying....we'll all get wut we want sooner or l8r
    Seriously are some of you 12?

Not just the OP either.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    The guys who use the 3GS are the ones being robbed. Try comparing the monthly fee. If you consolidate them all it would be enough to open up a Dunkin Donut store IN SPACE.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    Like I said I love the phone but iphone killer?????
    God - the last thing I want the pre to do is kill the iPhone. The iPhone has a very vital function - it keeps the sort of idiots who buy iPhones distracted and well-away from the Pre.

Oh, I'm sorry that a Sprint rep grabbed you as you were walking past the store and forced you at gunpoint to buy a Pre.
  10.    #10  
    ironically you people are all staring to sound like a bunch of fanboys yourselves look in the mirror! Read the post I said I like the capabilities of the phone but fot those of us who were already under contract when we bought the phone we desrve better than what we have been given so far!!!! I am patiently waiting for updates to get this phone up to par but with no info from palm on upcomeing updates I am starting to feel a little bitter.

Brain please tell me what functions I am not using????

Maxima what is the purpose of multitasking with out apps??? did you really pay this much for a phone just to facebook and gmail all day???

And as far as waiting I have been for 32 days and saw 1 update on july 23 that didn't offer @#$% and have not heard anything of future updates or what is to come.

Would you guys buy a big screen t.v. that was still 720p if they told you it would be 1080 one day? this is 2009 by the time palm catches up they are going to be further behind. Why don't you fanboys get your head out of your asses
    Maxima what is the purpose of multitasking with out apps??? did you really pay this much for a phone just to facebook and gmail all day???
    well even b4 i installed a bunch of homebrew apps to my pre i still multitasked like crazy...having pandora messaging...5 or 6 web browers....email.....while being on the phone....now that i have a bunch of homebrew apps its even better
    I doubt any one phone will be death of an iphone. Over time the appeal of it will probably dwindle and the market will be so saturated with imitations that ppl will have choices.

This is a good phone... Imo best in Sprints lineup that gives us a great value in monthly pricing in comparisson to the iphone. I think updates will come but it does take time.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Play a .mp4 video that does not have apple codec, then use mytether and allow him to connect to your encrypted wifi. Then while he is doing that take a picture of him and text it to him so he can see the smile on his face.

My point is that both phones are great so don't say 'i was robbed' because of some missing features.
    Every company has to start somewhere and WebOS is a brand new platform. Palm has done a very good job getting things out there.

Do you recall what the other phone even started with two years ago? NOTHING!!!

How long did it take there to get apps out there? I believe it was about a year and a half.

If I count right now there are 145 apps for the pre if you count homebrew and they are growing everyday.
  15.    #15  
    I love the phone all though I do not really use it for email or instant messageing purposes I needed something for web browseing purposes and did not want to lug around a laptop and it is definately capable of doing that. But for palm to come out before release and call it an iphone killer?? i guess in their defense they had no knowledge what apple was dropping with the 3gs. I am not at all supporting apple and do not intend to bash pre the only thing I am asking is for palm to step up!!! plain and simple palm I like your product but I am not a fanboy and I will tell you how it is STEP UP!!!!!
    I'd be really interested in finding out just what kind of apps you are wanting? I suspect that will tell us quite a bit about you. Of course, the fact that you are embarrassed about your phone in comparison to an iPhone when you show it to friends already speaks volumes. That was one of my concerns about getting this phone...that it was developed for the same population of gamers that are attracted to fart apps and the iPhone. I use my phone in business. I know what apps I want; what do you want?
    ironically you people are all staring to sound like a bunch of fanboys yourselves look in the mirror! Read the post I said I like the capabilities of the phone but fot those of us who were already under contract when we bought the phone we desrve better than what we have been given so far!!!! I am patiently waiting for updates to get this phone up to par but with no info from palm on upcomeing updates I am starting to feel a little bitter.

Brain please tell me what functions I am not using????

And as far as waiting I have been for 32 days and saw 1 update on july 23 that didn't offer @#$% and have not heard anything of future updates or what is to come.

Would you guys buy a big screen t.v. that was still 720p if they told you it would be 1080 one day? this is 2009 by the time palm catches up they are going to be further behind. Why don't you fanboys get your head out of your asses
    this guy is kinda right about you guys starting to sound like fanboyS! like nothing palm does is wrong and its perfect just the way it is (not). i dont voice my 2 cents in these kind of posts, but when i bought the phone i knew that the apps were in beta and im to lazy to learn hombrew but im not complaining ether im just holding tight tell its out of beta! i dunno what he is talking about deserving more if your under contract?!?!? we all get the same phone why would people that decide to pay full price get more then people that get it to get a new contract that makes no sense bro! im sure you knew this thing was new 1st gen and the apps were in beta! moral of the story you should have got the iphone if you want it now now now, pre has potential and you gotta be patient for it to bloom like the rose it is!!!(fanboy style)
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    If I count right now there are 145 apps for the pre if you count homebrew and they are growing everyday.
    exactly!!!!!
    I love the phone all though I do not really use it for email or instant messageing purposes I needed something for web browseing purposes and did not want to lug around a laptop and it is definately capable of doing that. But for palm to come out before release and call it an iphone killer?? i guess in their defense they had no knowledge what apple was dropping with the 3gs. I am not at all supporting apple and do not intend to bash pre the only thing I am asking is for palm to step up!!! plain and simple palm I like your product but I am not a fanboy and I will tell you how it is STEP UP!!!!!
    Please show us where palm ever used the phrase "iphone killer", or anything like it.
    I would imagine you would find some fanboys on a Pre central site. However ppl are defending the phone that they find no fault in. Not everyones experience is the same. Coverage/speed/build design etc vary by person to person. I think most would agree they want more out of the phone. But I think they are willing to accept the phone as is till updates get done.

If you think the iphone is better you could always pay your etf or sell it via the net and switch it up.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast