Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    stevo I basically meant that I paid $250 more than a lot of other people did and the only thing I am saying is that $480 is a lot to spend on a phone and so far I do not feel like I am getting a good ROI! I love the phone and am trying to be patient but I have to admit that it is not living up to the iphone let alone killing it. as far as apps go I could really care less about them but if you got room for them than it gives you some fun entertaining things to do, my buddy showed me a video he recorded on his iphone of a friend of ours son and it just really made me wish i had a video recorder for those special moments.

It has been said that the pre is capable of video! than give it to us how are you killing iphone without offering the simple things that they offer palm??? I can wait for games and apps cuz I don't need them but they would be nice to have.
    Obvious troll is obvious.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    well that's your view. I'd say that except for apps, the pre beats the 3g -beats it in speed test, functionality, has a better camera, etc. I'd assume a part of the reason apple built the 3gs was to bump things up so it could best the pre in some areas. I too have friends with iphones- they are fine phones, but for me the pre is working better. Better integration of contacts, email, IM etc. I don't think its fair to call the pre an 'iphone killer'- to be a 'killer' it would have to be markedly better. It's pretty much agreed upon that its one of a few phones that are 'iphone competition'. It is rough around the edges, and while the iphone was too when it was released, that's no excuse, but it has been out all of 2.5 months now- it will improve.

Citing the lack of video editing as a big deal just tells me that you should have gotten an iphone 3gs. I've tried playing with my friends 3gs and the lack of multi-tasking makes it feel dull and old. Both phones have different features, the 3gs does have more of them at this point, but the pre has some that the 3gs doesn't, and some of them matter a lot to me.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    stevo I basically meant that I paid $250 more than a lot of other people did and the only thing I am saying is that $480 is a lot to spend on a phone and so far I do not feel like I am getting a good ROI! I love the phone and am trying to be patient but I have to admit that it is not living up to the iphone let alone killing it. as far as apps go I could really care less about them but if you got room for them than it gives you some fun entertaining things to do, my buddy showed me a video he recorded on his iphone of a friend of ours son and it just really made me wish i had a video recorder for those special moments.

It has been said that the pre is capable of video! than give it to us how are you killing iphone without offering the simple things that they offer palm??? I can wait for games and apps cuz I don't need them but they would be nice to have.
    Wait...I thought we're saving about $1200 for being on a contract with sprint...

Shouldn't you be happy you saved that much? Especially since you're getting a product of 2 companies out to heavily compete against two major companies? (ATT and Apple)
    Quote Originally Posted by wp746911 View Post
    well that's your view. I'd say that except for apps, the pre beats the 3g -beats it in speed test, functionality, has a better camera, etc. I'd assume a part of the reason apple built the 3gs was to bump things up so it could best the pre in some areas. I too have friends with iphones- they are fine phones, but for me the pre is working better. Better integration of contacts, email, IM etc. I don't think its fair to call the pre an 'iphone killer'- to be a 'killer' it would have to be markedly better. It's pretty much agreed upon that its one of a few phones that are 'iphone competition'. It is rough around the edges, and while the iphone was too when it was released, that's no excuse, but it has been out all of 2.5 months now- it will improve.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post

im with you brother! but its not going to happen overnight just like the iphone its going to take time for it to be primE stuff!! i dont know if they ever said iphone killer but it was obvious to me it wasnt. and prob wouldnt be for a while. so thats what im saying you prob should have got the iphone its already 3 year into its life. those apps that people put down i would love to have! i need games i get bored out of my mind at work. those apps they have they are polished. i dont get why people say its crap and bunch of fart apps (not true). unlike android/homebrew they were all amateur style apps. i just wouldn't hold your breath for it to get better anytime soon!
    I still say my Pre sees dead people.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12