1.    #1  
    I've had my Pre since day 1, and I have loved it(for the most part) ever since I got it. I love how simple, easy, and convenient it is. But there is one problem I have with the Pre that I have NEVER had with Sprint(I had a Motorola Q and an HTC Touch Pro before the Pre, I have been with Sprint for 3 years). The internet/data on my phone is disgustingly inconsistent, extremely annoying, and something that I am convinced is MY Pre's fault. It has been this way since I got it, but I assumed it would either get better or be fixed on an update. Neither has happened, I'm way past my 30 days, and I don't know what to do.

When I open a web page, I'd say exactly half the time it doesn't load. The thing in the bottom right keeps spinning until it tells me it timed out. Or it never loads and just keeps spinning. Or it loads half way and then stops. My EV icon at the top goes in and out, highlighting, then goes grey, back and forth. It is a pain in the *rear* to get the internet working on this phone. Mind you, most of the time this is with full bars. If I have less than 5 bars, I can forget about even trying to use the internet. This is absolutely unacceptable, as I could use the internet on my freaking Motorola Q as long as I had 1 bar...it was always reliable. This also goes for apps that use data(such as Pandora), they just won't work unless I'm on a wifi connection...

This is really driving me nuts, and I fear that if I take it into the Sprint store(the only one that does repairs is about 15 miles from my house), the internet will decide to work and they will see no problem with it. The truth is, it does work..yes, but only half the time or LESS!

Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know what I should do??
    I've had 2 pre's.. I bought my first one and then returned it to try the Tour, then returned the Tour and got a different new pre. I drive an average of 30 miles to work each day and my coverage at work is at most 3 bars and usually 4 or 5 at home.

I have never had any issue with internet or EVDO in my area.. as long as i've had the EV icon on my phone. When it says 1X the phone usually does not work or is very slow online.

My point being, is that if your having this issue even if it doesn't happen at a sprint store. you should bring it in and get a replacement... The phones radio is actually better than the Blackberry Tour i've had before and their is no reason that this should happen. The phone must be faulty.

EDIT: have you tried a hard reset just for gits and shiggles?
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

I had the non stop loading spin once.

I just turned on airplane mode and turned service back on. Worked fine since.
    yeah airplane mode seems to reset the radios. Also make sure you are clearing your cache and cookies...i havent found a way to do it automatically
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I get a whole bunch of half way rendered pages but if you swith to landscape and then portrait it will fix it. Just a fyi
    I'd call Sprint Tech Support first. Then, you've got some "official" backing if you have to take it to the Sprnt store.
    How do you clear the cache and cookies?
    Mine has worked since day 1, which was the launch day. Sounds like you have a defective Pre?
    Yeah I would take it back to the store and have them look at it. I have never seen this on my pre. The web browser is my favorite thing about the pre.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Make sure the pages don't require Flash, as that can screw up the page loading.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Just lock ur phone into EVDO AND MAKE SURE DATA ROAMING IS ON
    IHAVE GR8 connection anywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmzero View Post
    Just lock ur phone into EVDO AND MAKE SURE DATA ROAMING IS ON
    what do you mean lock it into evdo?
    Quote Originally Posted by moneal1945 View Post
    How do you clear the cache and cookies?
    preferences in the browser. Launch the browser and press "web" in the upper lefthand corner
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Not sure airplane mode really works (for me mixed results). Yeah, many partial loaded pages with EV connection,rotate to portrait, back to landscape fixes that. Best fix so far is wifi in house, still tinkering on new setup (ultra paranoid), even turn off modem when not home. Ain't nobody gonna ge me,lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    what do you mean lock it into evdo?
    Ditto.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by i700plus View Post
    I've had 2 pre's.. I bought my first one and then returned it to try the Tour, then returned the Tour and got a different new pre. I drive an average of 30 miles to work each day and my coverage at work is at most 3 bars and usually 4 or 5 at home.

I have never had any issue with internet or EVDO in my area.. as long as i've had the EV icon on my phone. When it says 1X the phone usually does not work or is very slow online.

My point being, is that if your having this issue even if it doesn't happen at a sprint store. you should bring it in and get a replacement... The phones radio is actually better than the Blackberry Tour i've had before and their is no reason that this should happen. The phone must be faulty.

EDIT: have you tried a hard reset just for gits and shiggles?
    I suppose I will take it in tomorrow, I haven't tried a hard reset.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    I had the non stop loading spin once.

I just turned on airplane mode and turned service back on. Worked fine since.
    See I've tried that, and sometimes it seems to work(or it just decides to work that time, I can't tell). But the problem is, I have to do it every single time I want to use the internet! And even then it doesn't always work!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    I get a whole bunch of half way rendered pages but if you swith to landscape and then portrait it will fix it. Just a fyi
    See the thing is, it doesn't even render. The loading circle fills up half way...nothing shows up. I have run into situations where I found that turning it shows the page, but this isn't what happens usually...it doesn't load up period.