Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. firstimer's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
       #1  
    To copy my DVD movies and put them on my Pre? How?
  2. #2  
  3. #3  
    I use Handbrake on a Mac. (Note that the latest version apparently doesn't rip DVDs with copy protection. The previous version does.) The iPhone preset works for the Pre.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

    ...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
  4. firstimer's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
       #4  
    Yeah, I ended up using Tools4movies to transfer, then putting it in that Itunes thingy and syncing it with my Pre. Works/looks great.
  5. #5  
    This is what I use, the free light version is sufficient for any DVD I have thrown at it. The full version has some additional features, but is 30 bucks.. I have never had a problem with the free one


    FairUse Wizard - Easy DVD to iPhone, iPod Touch, iPod Classic, AppleTV, Zune, Xbox 360, PS3, Standalone DivX Player, TiVO HD. Encode with DivX, XviD, H.264, VP7 and ffVFW codecs!

    Here are some of the movies I have converted with this tool. I have them ALL on my iPod, but can only keep about 3 or 4 at at time on the PRE, which is not really an issue, because the PRE battery would never even last for 1 whole movie.. but the picture quality is really GREAT!

    (I know, its a wierd eclectic mix of stuff from all over the years)


    Across The Universe.mp4
    AdriftInManhattan.mp4
    agoodyear.mp4
    airbuddies.mp4
    AmericanIdolSeason8Finale.mp4
    Angels_and_Demons.mp4
    Arranged.MP4
    babel.mp4
    BigFatGreekWedding.mp4
    blackdahlia.mp4
    Casablanca.mp4
    ChorusLine_IamLegend.mp4
    davincecode.mp4
    devilwearsprada.mp4
    Doubt.mp4
    Dreamgirls.mp4
    eight_below.mp4
    Fiddler on the Roof.mp4
    GreyGardens.mp4
    GuysAndDolls.mp4
    Hairspray.mp4
    Hes_Just_Not_That_Into_You.mp4
    human trafficking.mp4
    lastkiss.mp4
    legend of zorro.mp4
    littlemisssunshine.mp4
    Mamma_Mia.MP4
    Marley_and_Me.mp4
    Milk.mp4
    Last edited by dianehelen; 08/14/2009 at 07:45 AM.
  6. #6  
    i would never admit to doing this, even if i did this type of stuff.

    dmca>fairuse.

    but check out some slysoft software (pay), selecting zune seems to work. . . or so i have read.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    i would never admit to doing this, even if i did this type of stuff.

    dmca>fairuse.

    but check out some slysoft software (pay), selecting zune seems to work. . . or so i have read.
    I believe using a tool like Fairuse to copy MY own DVDs that I OWN and have paid for ,for archival purpose or to view on another device does not violate dmca
  8. #8  
    DvdDecrypter -> HandBrake
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    I believe using a tool like Fairuse to copy MY own DVDs that I OWN and have paid for ,for archival purpose or to view on another device does not violate dmca

    you would be wrong, see (just the latest) ruling against real and their dvd copy software.

    you cant break the dmca legally.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  10. Cringer's Avatar
    Posts
    475 Posts
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Here are some of the movies I have converted with this tool. I have them ALL on my iPod, but can only keep about 3 or 4 at at time on the PRE, which is not really an issue, because the PRE battery would never even last for 1 whole movie.. but the picture quality is really GREAT!
    Sorry to hear you have a bad battery. I am guessing that is the problem anyways. I have been able to watch two movies back to back and still have over 30% battery left on my Pre. Great for watching movies on.
  11. #11  
    I think the PC version of handbrake won't allow you to copy any commercial dvd's I was able to do it on my mac without an issue and I sold my aging mac laptop and built a super high performance desktop and was all excited to see how a quad core cpu could handle the encoding process and it wouldn't even read the dvd in handbrake, talk about bummer.

    Regardless of DMCA or anything I don't distribute my movie files to anyone, but just keep them on my computer for convenience and streaming to my xbox360. Does that Fairuse Wizard make ISO disc images or .avi, .mp4, or .wmv files? I am looking for something that is going to make video files, not ISO files. Appreciate your help guys.

    Also it would be helpful to be able to put the occasional movie on my pre now that I am lacking in the mac department
  12. #12  
    Google "xilisoft." As you see from the replies, though, there are MANY ways to accomplish what you're asking for.
  13. #13  
    I appreciate the quick answer, I've been in the mac world for so long and must have had an older version of handbrake because I was living in bliss backing up my dvd's and putting them on my pre if I was going on a trip or anything lol.

    Again thanks for the answer, I'm going to give all of these different programs a try.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by pingpongitore View Post
    Does that Fairuse Wizard make ISO disc images or .avi, .mp4, or .wmv files? I am looking for something that is going to make video files, not ISO files. Appreciate your help guys.
    I think the name of the link indicates it'll do more than images; haven't used it myself, though.
  15. #15  
    Haha wow, guess i missed that. Too tired sitting here at work too early on a sunday morning I guess. Thanks again though!

Posting Permissions