Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I'm new to the Pre, long time ChatterEmail users.

We have exchange and I have email working fine. However I have about 5 folders (out of about 100) where I have rules moving important emails into. However, it seems the Pre Email only really works on the inbox. The other folders are available, but are a huge scrolling project and worse, they don't update automatically.

Is there any workaround to this? I can access our email through imap4 as well.

Thanks
    Mark F Chinsky
    I wish. I haven't found any. All folders other than the inbox only update when they open, and sometime you need to manually sync them. That doesn't bother me as much as having to scroll through a hundred or so folders. What you can do is mark the folders you use a lot with the star, and they will show up under "Favorites"....
    I just wish the email app treated the favorites like the inbox, syncing them using the same (or configurable) settings. This is rather annoying ... Oh, and I want a Xobni app ASAP as well.
    Open your folders and click on the star next to any folder you want it to auto update. That should solve your problem.
    I wish there was a solution. Unfortunately even my BlackBerry Bold and iPhone worked this way.

What I ended up doing was making all of my Exchange rules to client-side only, then closing Outlook when I left work. This allows everything to come over my inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Open your folders and click on the star next to any folder you want it to auto update. That should solve your problem.
    That does NOT solve the problem as that is not an auto update. That's only a favorite; Exchange and IMAP only work with the Index folder for email pushing.
    Please send a request into Palm on their Web site (use the form for Feature Requests) so they know how many ppl need this to work.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Is there any way to choose folders from your IMAP account? The only folders visible in the drop down for me on one of my accounts is Inbox or Outbox. How do you manually choose a folder from your server?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tdogg0413 View Post
    Is there any way to choose folders from your IMAP account? The only folders visible in the drop down for me on one of my accounts is Inbox or Outbox. How do you manually choose a folder from your server?
    It's supposed to just show you all of your folders. If it doesn't... well, I think you're SOL... at least for now.