Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    im a teenager.. (if you couldnt tell all ready) I am a PROUD owner of a pre. the pre's good point in not creating games is that its a smartphone not a gamephone.. so how old do u think you should be to own a pre.. the reason i think of this is i had an issue and when i went to the sprint store to show them they seemed shock to see someone so young with it.. any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by lookngood18 View Post
    im a teenager.. (if you couldnt tell all ready) I am a PROUD owner of a pre. the pre's good point in not creating games is that its a smartphone not a gamephone.. so how old do u think you should be to own a pre.. the reason i think of this is i had an issue and when i went to the sprint store to show them they seemed shock to see someone so young with it.. any thoughts?
    As long as you can hold the phone, use it and pay the bill, I don't think age matters.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    As long as you can hold the phone, use it and pay the bill, I don't think age matters.
    i dont pay my bill im on my parents plan but im in college full time im 18 i dont have a job because of college i bought the phone with my money that i have from before i started college but i dont pay the bill should i not have this phone?????
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey221 View Post
    i dont pay my bill im on my parents plan but im in college full time im 18 i dont have a job because of college i bought the phone with my money that i have from before i started college but i dont pay the bill should i not have this phone?????
    I should have been more clear. I should have said As long as you have a bill that's going to be paid every month. If you find a use for the extra functions over a dumb phone then of course you should buy one.
    ........... naw ol' buddy had it right the 1st time

........... if you can pay the bill and pay for the phone you should have it

........... i was grinding when i was 15... i WISH their were things like cell phones back then. the cell phone when i was 15 came in a dayum suitcase or some isht lol

............ i say 15 or 16.... and oldest 55 (if you're technology savvy)
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Typically Palm has geared more toward the business man because of their superb calendar apps (not the Pre as of yet), so for a college kid (who doesn't have that many meeting and such) it's a bit different.

Though I think Palm is venturing further from it's business oriented roots and trying to go mainstream.
    lol yeah im 15 with a part time job and i have one, me and my 18 year old sister pay 25 bucks a month to our parents to make the bill more affordable for them( not the most wealthy people in the world) but 25 bucks is not that much if you think about it only like 6 bucks a week
    I've said this before about other things (video game ratings) and I'll say it again: It's not age that matters. It is maturity. I am 14, and yet I have often found that I am more mature than some "adults" on other forums. If you're mature enough to use a Pre responsibly and pay the bill, then why shouldn't you have a Pre, regardless of whether you're 13 or 19 or 25?

Edit: I use my Pre for development, and will have my first (simple) app done soon. Take that as you will.
    Last edited by qwerty613; 08/13/2009 at 09:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey221 View Post
    Do they teach you how to use periods and comma's in college?
    There is no spoon
    Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    ........... naw ol' buddy had it right the 1st time

........... if you can pay the bill and pay for the phone you should have it

........... i was grinding when i was 15... i WISH their were things like cell phones back then. the cell phone when i was 15 came in a dayum suitcase or some isht lol

............ i say 15 or 16.... and oldest 55 (if you're technology savvy)
    Hey I'm only 28, but yeah I paid for my first cell phone bill myself at 18. I dont' see much of a problem with parents helping their kids with these type of bills especially if they're focusing on school and getting good results.
  11.    #11  
    i mean i dont pay for my bill. im 15 years old.. i thought i'd be the youngest one to own a pre.. now at this point i cant say that if i WAS with ATT i wouldnt take the iphone for the games and apps.. i am a teenager.. but i much rather prefer sprint.
    Your age is irrelevant, any sales people who seem shocked are flattering you or should be fired. Savvy youth are likely to dig WebOS and the platform's hackability in general.
    I offered my 15 yo son the option of paying $200 for a Pre and we would pay the add'l $20/mo on the family plan. Instead, he bought some kind of WinMo thing off e-bay.

He is dead to me.

Regards,
    Tom
    Hmmm age to own pre??? Considering children are learning @ an alarming rate these days, I am not sure 10 or even younger would really be alarming lol!

My only concern would be from a parent's perspective (w/ no children, lol) would they be able to monitor use or the extremely large amount of connectivity/exposure the child could have to, well, everything! The pre can connect you to everything you can think to ask (just about), not sure I'd be comfy that as a parent.

But @ 26, I am kinda ol' school minded and a little over protective . So i'd say if you are old enough to pay the bill or @ least understand the responsibility... then hope you like your pre as much as I like mine!
    Last edited by dowdyrich; 08/13/2009 at 06:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    I offered my 15 yo son the option of paying $200 for a Pre and we would pay the add'l $20/mo on the family plan. Instead, he bought some kind of WinMo thing off e-bay.

He is dead to me.

Regards,
    Tom
    That got a good laugh out of me. Coming from WinMo I know how you feel.
    Youngest kid i've seen playing with a pre

***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lookngood18 View Post
    im a teenager.. (if you couldnt tell all ready)

...All you had said at this point is 3 words, how were we supposed to tell already? Also, no offense, but myself being 19 years old who has friends ranging from ages 16-20 years old, I can safely say that you do not type at a teenager level. If the Sprint people were surprised by your youth, you're probably younger than what most people consider a "teenager."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadnic View Post
    ...All you had said at this point is 3 words, how were we supposed to tell already? Also, no offense, but myself being 19 years old who has friends ranging from ages 16-20 years old, I can safely say that you do not type at a teenager level. If the Sprint people were surprised by your youth, you're probably younger than what most people consider a "teenager."
    I think you underestimate the adverse effects that "txt speak" have had on our generation's definition of appropriate typing.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    The same thing happened 10-12 years ago when "regular" cell phones became the norm. Everyone was thinking: "Do all these kids really need a cell phone?".

Its the same with smartphones. Initially, only people that actually needed smartphones carried them (much less teenagers). It'll be commonplace soon.

I hate to say it, but I definitely wouldn't be paying my kids bill for a Pre though.
    Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    .... and oldest 55 (if you're technology savvy)

When you get there, you will find that senility doesn't set in until a bit later than that.

signed
    A 62 year old who's looking forward to getting his.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast