Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I dont know how, but my pre knows who my mom and dad are. If i just type mom it takes me right to my mom, and if i type dad it takes me too my dad. which is very odd seeing that they are both stored under there full name, and no where under there name does it say they are my mom and dad. How does the Pre know this? its a bit scary
    that is pretty weird.

edit: what's even weirder is how i changed my father's name to his full name and was not able to replicate your results.
    Uuuummm. OK.
    Did you link them on Facebook with we're related or something? That is interesting.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Did you link them on Facebook with we're related or something? That is interesting.
    nope they dont have facebook or nothing. they are linked to my gmail account. but even that doesnt know they are my parents. I check to see if maybe i put it in there somewhere under there name in the reminder or notes or spouse or children section. nothing , its all blank. in my old phone they were stored under mom and dad, but that phone didnt have internet. so i dont no how it knows. it doesnt no my brother or sister tho... so its not that smart
    Have you EVER had another phone that linked to google.. such as a Blackberry with google sync??
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

My Pre did the same thing. I have my father saved as "Dad" in my phone but if I type his first name into universal search it takes me to "Dad" I still am not completely sure how it knew this but I believe his name may be linked to his AIM account and since the AIM account is linked to "Dad" The Pre sees those as one person. It is extremely smart and I find it to be awesome but I sometimes wonder to myself "How the hell did it do that?"
    this happened to me but it was because sprint transferred my old contacts to the Pre and they were stored on my old phone as "mom" and such. When synergy did its thing, it synced their number from google, etc and displayed their full name from that.
  9. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I specifically put my parents down as Mom and Dad...I don't see a need for their full names since I call them mom and dad.
    My Pre sees dead people....
    My Pre keeps telling me I am crazy. Sad thing is, its right.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    The Pre is pulling that information from its synergy. Must be connected to their email accounts. You list it as dad and mom, but the email has their full name. Just a thought.
    if anywhere on your description under your contact profile it says mom, or dad... (including nickname) then it will bring them up.. could that be what is happening?
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lldsandsll View Post
    that is pretty weird.

edit: what's even weirder is how i changed my father's name to his full name and was not able to replicate your results.
    Same here
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    It found my dad and mom too, but NOT my sister...
  16.    #16  
    no. it does not say anything about mom and dad on the phone what so ever. and gmail only new there email not that it was my mom or dad. i have never had a phone that connected to the internet and besides i was on verizon before i switched over. so there is no way the phone should no.. but it does. how i dont no, i just thougth someone might. seems im not the only one that doesnt really no how it know but it does. should i be scared lol
  17.    #17  
    also, i have my brother on facebook saved as my brother and it doesnt show that he is my brother so it adds even more to my confusion
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I type mom and it takes me to my mom's number, which is stored as mom. Who stores their parent's full names in their phone?
    my pre tried to get me to start smoking herbs through peer pressure
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I tried typing in "Mom" and my Pre told me "I don't think so Dave."

My name isn't Dave....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast