Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin600 View Post
    my pre tried to get me to start smoking herbs through peer pressure
    ahh haha
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by zacarias View Post
    I type mom and it takes me to my mom's number, which is stored as mom. Who stores their parent's full names in their phone?
    i had no intent on even adding them as a contact. i know there number where i could just pick up or dail it just as easy. but due to the fact it links it to my google account they are in there as full name. thats how, i dont no how ur moms email name is, but sexmistress69 isnt a very busyness like email name now is it
    It happened to me too.. I was quite impressed. It's very simple to find out the source... First open your contacts file. Then universal search "mom". Then open the "mom" contact. You probably notice the photo icon is a multiple icon. You'll need to unlink those multiple profiles. So, once the contact is open, touch the top bar where the "mom" string appears... and presto !... you'll see where the Palm Pre is getting its source data.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by InIlIoN View Post
    , i dont no how ur moms email name is, but sexmistress69 isnt a very busyness like email name now is it
    sexmistress69 is your mom's email name?!
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by InIlIoN View Post
    i had no intent on even adding them as a contact. i know there number where i could just pick up or dail it just as easy. but due to the fact it links it to my google account they are in there as full name. thats how, i dont no how ur moms email name is, but sexmistress69 isnt a very busyness like email name now is it
    Depends on what the business is....
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvsbleMan View Post
    It is extremely smart and I find it to be awesome but I sometimes wonder to myself "How the hell did it do that?"
    You may have just hit on the next "creepy girl" commercial.

Instead of looking at the came and coyly saying "My phone reads my mind", she could do something on the phone, and look wide-eyed and just say "How the hell did it do that??"
    do u ahve your mom and dad in with last name too? if so when you created your palm account you enterd your full name so it might be relate you to them via last name
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin600 View Post
    my pre tried to get me to start smoking herbs through peer pressure
    lol good phone you have there
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ION-q View Post
    I tried typing in "Mom" and my Pre told me "I don't think so Dave."

My name isn't Dave....
    well change it to dave so this phone cant be wrong...
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    if they were saved as Mom and Dad on your old phone and they (Pre retailer) synced your contacts when you bought the Pre, then those names are stored under a profile in Contacts. When you synced any other contact accounts (i.e. gmail), it will combine them.
    Wow! My Pre found my Dad also.
    Which is really weird because he skipped out on us before I was born.
    Thanks Pre!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I woke up startled yesterday night. In the confusion I would have sworn to see my pre climbing back onto the touchstone by itself. Then just an hour ago it was whispering sweet lulls in my ear.
    I'm pretty sure its coming onto me.

Back to the thread, ya man mine also recognizes mom and dad searches. I have no explanation to offer
    My Pre told me it was my father.
    I tried this - I don't have anything labeled "dad" on my phone. I typed in "dad" in and it searched.

Up popped a contact for someone I had never even heard of. It was not in my contacts - I didn't put him in there.

I called the number and some older man answered. I said "Dad?". There was no response and then he suddenly hung up on me.

Later that day I had dinner at my parents house. During dinner I told this story.

My mother fainted. My dad and I couldn't figure out why.
    The pre knows your mommas momma! be afraid be very afraid
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by zacarias View Post
    I type mom and it takes me to my mom's number, which is stored as mom. Who stores their parent's full names in their phone?
    I do lol. moms just aint cutting it, when everyone else in my contacts have a full name listed.
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    my pre said that your pre said that you said that your mom said her name.

so that's how it knows!
    I'm BACK!!!
    Treo 650 -> Treo 755p-> iPhone 3g -> Palm Pre
    My Pre just hooked me up with my dad in a seance... freaky
    just tried it - nothin'
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12