Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    ok this might be more on googles part but in gmail I have all my contacts saved and synced to phone, but in gmail if I email a few other random people in automatically puts them into my contacts and i cant stand that.

because first I dont want them in there and then it puts it on my phone,

I know I could just delete them but its so annoying.
    Was there a question in there? I didn't see a question mark...

Anyway, I'll assume you were asking about how to stop that annoying feature. Apparently it's a big item on people's "hate" list and Google even put a FAQ item about it... saying that you can't do it. Bah.

Quote Originally Posted by Google.com
    Prevent Gmail from creating new contacts

Each time you send an email, Gmail automatically adds the recipient of that email to your contact list. There is currently no way to prevent Gmail from adding these contacts. You are able to delete unwanted contacts, however. To permanently delete a contact, follow these steps:

Select the contact in the Contacts list.
    Click Delete Contact at the top of the page.
    Click OK.
    From here: Contact Sync Help
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    oh ok. yeah sorry for the mass confusion. its just so annoying to have like 15 emails from craigslist I emailed on my phone
    Each time I read a thread on this I wonder about this because I have a gmail account and it doesn't automatically add to my contacts everyone I send email to. I was of the impression there was a setting for this since it doesn't appear to be the case for everyone. Some people get the auto add and others like me don't I prefer to like everyone else not have them added so I wonder why it happens to only some.
    It probably happens to you and you don't realize it. I think Google separates them from the My Contacts into All Contacts.

According to Google you can't turn this off so it has to be happening to you (unless you are the victim of a very nice bug).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    It probably happens to you and you don't realize it. I think Google separates them from the My Contacts into All Contacts.

According to Google you can't turn this off so it has to be happening to you (unless you are the victim of a very nice bug).
    Well I'm not having a bunch of contacts showing up on my pre as the result of sending email to people not in my contact list. And looking at contacts in gmail from firefox on my pc I only have 3 contacts that aren't ones I added and I've most certainly sent email to other people than just those 3. Those 3 are on my pre. But weren't when I made my previous post.So I'm not sure why I haven't had it add all sorts of others I have emailed. To be honest though I would prefer to have the option to turn off the feature since I don't need every person I email one time ever to be saved. So if this is the beginning indicator that I too am going to have this happening, where up until my previous post wasn't, it will get very annoying.
    Many threads on this, in fact i just made a poll about this very issue. No need to create another rant topic....

And it happens to everyone, i thought it didnt happen to me until i saw 50 random craigslist addresses on my prr