1.    #1  
    Was playing golf, when we got caught in a down pour. Needless to say my Pre is not happy. When I got back to my room I pulled the phone apart to air dry as much as possible. Amazingly everything works but the volume button. If I press it the volume indicator comes on and will not come off, ie I cant close apps, I can launch new ones. Any ideas or am I screwed and need to call in the insurance? I really would like to avoid that!
    Let me be the first to tell you to put it in a bag of rice, or cat litter, or bury it at the last hole you shot par.
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    Let me be the first to tell you to put it in a bag of rice, or cat litter, or bury it at the last hole you shot par.
    What galavanter said. Some people have reported success this way. It's not a guarantee, but it might work.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

OMG this exact thing happened to me! (Only I was on a water ride at Busch Gardens...not my best hour...) I kept turning it off and turning it back on. After about 3 or 4 times, it stopped turning itself up, but I couldn't turn the volume down. Then after a day or two (and a night with the battery out) it returned to normal.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks galavanter! The rice idea worked. The idea of another $100 to replace my pre made me really sad. Spent too much on cocktails to keep warm. Seriously, when do you see two inches of rain in Idaho in AUGUST.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twstrickland View Post
    Thanks galavanter! The rice idea worked. The idea of another $100 to replace my pre made me really sad. Spent too much on cocktails to keep warm. Seriously, when do you see two inches of rain in Idaho in AUGUST.
    THe main thing when a device gets wet is to never turn it on before you try the rice or any other drying technique. Electricity and moisture don't mix.

You can afford to play golf, but you are sad at spending $100 to replace a phone?? Right....
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    You can afford to play golf, but you are sad at spending $100 to replace a phone?? Right....
    Who said it was at a country club? I play at a lot of public courses and on some after 6 it's half price.
  9. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    I make decent money. I could easily afford golfing if I liked it. I'm still bothered if I have to spend a hundred bucks I wasn't planning on spending.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    DO NOT USE KITTY LITTER!

Use rice or go to get some dessicant from your local hardware store that doesn't create dust.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    Glad you got lucky.
    and were the golf clubs free, too? C'mon, admit it--you've got money.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    I make decent money. I could easily afford golfing if I liked it. I'm still bothered if I have to spend a hundred bucks I wasn't planning on spending.
    Gee, a meal out with my wife is north of $70 unless it's just lunch. is $100 really worth getting all worked up over? A tank of gas costs over $60. This is 2009; not 1970,
  14. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Uh here locally we have several public courses that are less than $25 to play on, and after 4 in the afternoon most are free.

Aside from that, he could have been golfing with a friend who paid. I could probably afford $100 if need be but Id have to give up A LOT to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    Uh here locally we have several public courses that are less than $25 to play on, and after 4 in the afternoon most are free.

Aside from that, he could have been golfing with a friend who paid. I could probably afford $100 if need be but Id have to give up A LOT to do so.
    We all choose what we spend our money on, so I hear ya!