1.    #1  
    My wife and I both have Pre's. She wants to be able to see my google account calendars on her Pre but she doesn't want to receive my google emails. When I go to add an account in her calendar it is a straightforward process to add my Google account. If I add my google account in her calendar card, does that mean she gets my google calendars and emails or just my calendars?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Do the sharring in google calendar. Goto her google calendar in web, add your google account to 'see friends calender', then send the request. Once you approve her request, she can see all your calendar(has some option in what she can do) from her pre.
    You'll like this a lot - my wife and I have been in sync for almost 3 years now doing this with Google calendar.
    Quote Originally Posted by precheck View Post
    Do the sharring in google calendar. Goto her google calendar in web, add your google account to 'see friends calender', then send the request. Once you approve her request, she can see all your calendar(has some option in what she can do) from her pre.
    Or you can do it the other way...send her an invite by going into your calendar and share the calendars with her. Then she just accepts.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks so much!
    if you have two google calendars (one for me one for my wife) can you view yours independently (just your own calendar) and when you want to, view both calendars combined? is this possible with google calendar?

i have the pre and my wife is getting the pixie. we'd like to keep our own independent schedule day to day, but when needed combine the two to find mutual free time.

thanks so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    if you have two google calendars (one for me one for my wife) can you view yours independently (just your own calendar) and when you want to, view both calendars combined? is this possible with google calendar?

i have the pre and my wife is getting the pixie. we'd like to keep our own independent schedule day to day, but when needed combine the two to find mutual free time.

thanks so much!
    Yes, it's possible. In Calendar, pull down the menu and select Preferences and Accounts. Scroll down and select Calendar View Options. Then you'll see all calendar accounts and you can turn hers off be selecting "No" under "Display in 'All Calendars' view."

There might be a simpler way but I haven't found it.
    Keep in mind that you can color coordinate each calendar, which can help you distinguish the calendar entries at a glance.
    great = thanks guys for the quick response- i thought it was possible but not sure. so she can keep her own calendar with only her events and when she wants she can combine our two calendars to see her events combined with mine on one calendar display - and then easily go back to single calendar view?
    If you give read/write, you can create appointments for each other. This is handy between the wife and I.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    My wife and I each maintain our own Google calendar (w/the other having full access to it, including the ability to create events). In addition, we have a third calendar that's for events that effect both of us. So my personal calendar + my work calendar + our calendar is what effects me, but I can still view her calendar to see her events. I actually just leave all these calendars (plus the Detroit Lions schedule ) visible at all times, just with different colors.
    so i got the pixi for my wife and shared invites on both of our google calendars. i also have a weather calendar on mine, which is on hers too. i was hoping to be able to do the following
    on wife's pixi - view her calendar and the weather calendar as the default. but then can she add my calendar to her existing ones - so she gets her calendar and mine combined? i know she can select mine and then hers is grayed out - or she can set mine to show all the time, but can she just add mine to hers when she wants?
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    so i got the pixi for my wife and shared invites on both of our google calendars. i also have a weather calendar on mine, which is on hers too. i was hoping to be able to do the following
    on wife's pixi - view her calendar and the weather calendar as the default. but then can she add my calendar to her existing ones - so she gets her calendar and mine combined? i know she can select mine and then hers is grayed out - or she can set mine to show all the time, but can she just add mine to hers when she wants?
    From Google you control who can edit your calendar. She's not "combining" them, her Pixi is showing both, but not combining data.
    sorry- maybe i wasn't clear. i want the ability to view both her calendar and my calendar at the same time on her phone - but only as needed. by combine i meant show both.