1.    #1  
    /var/usr/palm/applications/com.accuweather.palm/app/services/ad-request.jsjsjs

In the first function (AdRequest) there is a line called this.AD_REQUEST_URL, just make it say this:

this.AD_REQUEST_URL = '';

Now it doesnt scroll across the screen anymore
    As much as I hate ads, I'd prefer an ad in the Accuweather app to having to pay for it. Take care how much adblocking you do, lest all apps become pay-only.
    but... Jesus Loves You
    how does one get to /var/usr/palm/applications/com.accuweather.palm/app/services/ad-request.jsjsjs ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre2009 View Post
    how does one get to /var/usr/palm/applications/com.accuweather.palm/app/services/ad-request.jsjsjs ?
    Via rooting.
    Honestly the Accuweather apps is garbage and will continue to be so until they add zoom ability on the map and in motion weather. Not to mention actually updating when left open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Honestly the Accuweather apps is garbage and will continue to be so until they add zoom ability on the map and in motion weather. Not to mention actually updating when left open.
    Is there currently a weather app that does this plus has a moderately-slick interface like Accuweather?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    It's not a true app, but someone here did create a wonderful animated weather map. I've bookmarked it and use it all the time.

http://m.wickens.ws/wx/radar.php
    Sweet. Anyway to get rid of the sliding bar?
    This has been discussed before.

If you don't like the app, try i.wund.com. It may not be as slick but it gives you the info you're looking for.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    How does one go about as you call "rooting" to modify the files?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals follow the directions at this site for "root access"
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    I agree, I used it for about a minute and deleted it