1.    #1  
    I've been thinking about getting a Pre, even with all the hardware issues and war stories I've heard about it's quality. But I have one question that I think I already know the answer to, and it's a deal buster if I can't resolve it.

I understand that during the initial setup, you create a Palm Profile online. If you use MS Outlook, you can do a one-time transfer of your contacts, calendars, etc. from your computer to your Palm Profile. I understand that the Pre cannot sync to a computer the way a Treo or Blackberry does. My question is that if I make changes to my address book or calendar on my computer after this one time transfer, how can I ensure that data will be available on the Pre? Is there something I need to do to Outlook to transfer that data to the on-line profile? I guess this is a pretty basic question, but I've been reading the Pre user guide on the Palm page, and it's pretty clear about spelling out the differences between tranferring and syncing.

Any enlightening information is appreciated.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    I don't really use or want to use the Palm Profile for storing any data. I can do that on my own and rest that my data is reasonably safe.

With that in mind, you can use programs like the upcoming "The Missing Sync" for the PC to keep syncing your Outlook.

As far as I can tell, the Pre does support MMS. I have sent many photos to other non-Sprint MMS enabled cell phones with no problems.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedillume View Post
    I don't really use or want to use the Palm Profile for storing any data. I can do that on my own and rest that my data is reasonably safe.

With that in mind, you can use programs like the upcoming "The Missing Sync" for the PC to keep syncing your Outlook.
    I agree that I don't want to make my phone my primary gateway for scheduling and addresses. That's what I use my computer for. Where I work cell reception inside is very spotty, and it would be worthless for me to depend on a Pre to update me all the time.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    PocketMirror (by Chapura) has done well by me - give them a try.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    My system is don't synch with google contacts but rather outlook contacts through Chapura Pocket Mirror. True two way synch. However, Chapura just announced the beta is over and the app will be $30. Sigh. I think I'll have to pay for it. for contacts, you need to open PM on the Pre and press synch. which is Ok because I only do this periodically as a backup and get the outlook coordinated with Pre

Pm also synchs outlook calendar but because I use my home computer Outlook, I use google calendar on the work laptop and synch the pre with that. This is on the fly synch which is important because I do make many changes to calendar. for work appointments, I either go into google calendar or just add my gmail account as an invitee to the meeting, which automatically populates google calendar (and hence the pre calendar).