Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Interesting thing happened last night. I received a call from Palm wanting to ask me what I thought about the Pre. They were very patient and let me list off the problems/quirks of the Pre as I saw them. I don't have many complaints, mind you, but it was nice to see that they seem to care about making their product better.

Then a weird thing happened. They then asked me if there was any problem that was making use of the Pre difficult. I mentioned that the battery had been a disappointment, and it would be nice to not have to charge my phone mid day sometimes. The Palm rep asked me if I would like a new battery, and that he could overnight me one free of charge.

I said of course, and a little more than an hour ago I received my new battery. No it's not higher capacity, and no it is not a different model battery, but that doesn't matter. I now have two batteries and can't be more impressed with Palm and their attention to detail. Yeah the battery life on one battery can be pretty bad, but now I have double it.

Just wanted to point that out, and provide my kudos to Palm for a job well done.
    That's great!

Now, you just need to figure out a way to wire BOTH batteries simultaneously while still being TouchStone compliant.
    I wish I could do the same, but unfortunately I have tried three batteries and all drain rather quickly. I did however notice this last battery seems to be a bit better in the sense of holding its charge. I wish I could contact Palm and get a new battery, it would be nice.
  4.    #4  
    New battery after 5 hours of heavy use = 79%. That's better, but nothing to get too excited about. I am suprised that more people haven't had this happen. Meaning the call from Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    New battery after 5 hours of heavy use = 79%. That's better, but nothing to get too excited about. I am suprised that more people haven't had this happen. Meaning the call from Palm.
    5 hours of heavy use and only 21 percent drain? id say thats pretty awesome, extrapolated thats 25 hours of heavy use, that sounds amazing to me
    This signature for rent
    I just noticed tonight that my battery seems a little loose and is making my phone creaky . I think I will call Palm tomorrow and see what they can do. For paying as much as I did for this phone, I don't think I should have these hardware issues that are so apparent. (loose battery, loose screen).
    I have no problems with my battery. Did you make sure the label was facing outward upon placement into the Pre?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Man, I would love to have Palm call me so I could get an extra battery too... mine is down to 78% after being removed from the wall charger only 2 hours ago, with almost NO use... it's just sitting there draining away. Not using bluetooth or wi-fi... no cards open... Ugh!!
  9.    #9  
    Pandora today for 30 minutes/ email for 30 or so minutes. 94%. Not too shabby. Been off the charger for about 1 h 45 min.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzk3 View Post
    Man, I would love to have Palm call me so I could get an extra battery too... mine is down to 78% after being removed from the wall charger only 2 hours ago, with almost NO use... it's just sitting there draining away. Not using bluetooth or wi-fi... no cards open... Ugh!!
    My exact situation also. Its getting annoying.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    There are several things that be done to help the battery keep its charge, search for battery issues. Palm is definately getting their act together, it will take time to work out the kinks and annoyances. Don't forget this is a first generation phone.
    21% in 5 hours is AWESOME
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Pandora today for 30 minutes/ email for 30 or so minutes. 94%. Not too shabby. Been off the charger for about 1 h 45 min.
    Not too shabby? More like phenomenal! Can you ask Palm to call me?
  14.    #14  
    Battery Update - It's been two more hours and still sitting at 86%. Heavy use. Email/Text. There may be something to this battery.
    This is inspiring me to get a new battery. I am definitely looking at the 1350 mA battery.
  16.    #16  
    2 more hours - 75%
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The battery life on my Pre is synonymous with the iPhone...which is not good. I use EAS, used Nav for 48min, used Internet about 36 min, talked for 25 min., got a couple of texts, and the battery was down to 33%.

When you say HEAVY use. Are you just taking about email and texting...no internet or voice communication? Are you using EAS for email? The battery life you are getting seems so phenomenal.
    2 more hours - 75%
    Man seriously, can we all get a call from Palm!?

My battery is down 15% when listening to just the music player for like 40 mins on the way to work, with no texting or anything. Then I let it sit for two hours and its down another 15% lol!

I am going to email Palm and try to get this to work!
    But... It's not even April 1st.

No way you're using this phone on battery for 5 hours and only losing 21%

Mine has been off the touchstone for two hours with very little use and I'm at 79%

You're going to need to focus on the mah. I am crying foul. No personal offense to you, perhaps your perception is skewed?
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donald.aleshire View Post
    Man seriously, can we all get a call from Palm!?

My battery is down 15% when listening to just the music player for like 40 mins on the way to work, with no texting or anything. Then I let it sit for two hours and its down another 15% lol!

I am going to email Palm and try to get this to work!
    I've been listening to pandora while I'm at the park with my son. About 2 hours with 20+minutes of phone calls brings it down to 80-85%. As far as standby time I took it off the TS yesterday at 4pm and it just sat there all night until 8am and it was at 90%.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast