1.    #1  
    So I have my replacement phone and dialed in ##786# in the dialpad. I look and there's the manufacture date of 6/5/2009, but no recondition date or "recondate". It's blank. The "Recondstatus" also says "No".

I did not get a box with my replacement or cables, etc. Just the unit.

So what gives? Is my unit new or reburbished?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    ...refurb..unless you saw them cut open a box and remove the film ( or leave it on for a screen protector then refurb) if the store gave you this then it is a refurb..if it was shipped I think they can only send out refurtbs with advance exchange so youd have to go into store to get within 30 days replacement unit
    I'd say refurb, but only because the build date is 6/5/2009.

Normally though if it says "Recondstatus: No" then it should be new.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Yours is new.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    well that ##786# only works if the phone is sent back to the manufacture and they actually recondition the device so why people keep telling people the #768# is a tell tell sign it isnt always the case..I know 1st hand my 1st pre had a warranty date of 7.10 and I bought on 7.15..took back bought 2 weeks later, the phone they gave me was a warranty date of 6.19.09 with a act date of 6.26.09 clearly way before I even bought my 1st phone..so it was refurbed

I went back watched them open the phone out the box and the warranty date was 7.17.09 and act date off 8.7.09 the day I went in there...so id go to say depending on how he was given his exchange unit would depict if it was refurb or not..but im willing to bet when people return there pres etc the stores arent sending them back but rather keeping them for "warranty" exchanges whether they are supposed to or not. REFURB you got buddy sorry go back and get new one!