Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    your going to track down a thief...and then do what when you confron him? stare down the barrel of a gun, or a knife, or fists??? that's fail,

Life > electronics
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    your going to track down a thief...and then do what when you confron him? stare down the barrel of a gun, or a knife, or fists??? that's fail,

Life > electronics
    I realize you and I probably view this differently, but just for an alternate view, in TX you can carry weapons.

Life > electronics
    Life lived in fear of others < Life

Life > electronics
    I just love it that "VickMackey" wrote this...hilarious....

Life > electronics
    How do you know the OP doesn't have a CCW, or grandmaster kung fu karate chop award on his computer desk? Granted none of that is worth a cell phone, but it IS worth it to teach someone like this a lesson. I would love to say that I would be the bigger person and let it go, change all my numbers and have the phone replaced, but I know darn well my emotions and personal beliefs would take over. I also know darn well what my first 5 phone calls would be, and how bad I would feel for the low life AHOLE that stole my phone. I guarantee you the last thing that poor kid would be thinking was pulling out his own firearm or starting a fight.

Anyway, good luck with all this. At this point, I would just get the replacement phone and turn it into the insurance company if they find it. That bricked phone is probably in the trash, in 1,000 pieces, or sold to a crackhead for $10 by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I realize you and I probably view this differently, but just for an alternate view, in TX you can carry weapons.

Life > electronics
    Life lived in fear of others < Life
    nah, Life > all. You can't have principles when you're dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Raddu View Post
    I just love it that "VickMackey" wrote this...hilarious....
    LOL, Mackey is the man!!

to the other poster

I just don't think paying $100 deductible is worth what you could encounter when you willingly chase down an unknown criminal on his home turf for a phone.
    What if he's a desparate crack addict? you may not leave alive.
    better to put the tail behind the legs and take it as a lesson learned.
    you won't be teaching anyone any lessons here.
    use the remote wipe. pay the insurance. get another. life goes on.
    nah, Life > all. You can't have principles when you're dead
    Again, we're going to disagree. A life lived in fear without principles is not only a pretty sad life, it's a pretty sad legacy (I have kids that will live beyond me).
    Again, we're going to disagree. A life lived in fear without principles is not only a pretty sad life, it's a pretty sad legacy (I have kids that will live beyond me).
    I agree with you in principle, but we aren't talking about the civil rights movement here or the war to end slavery.

We are talking about chasing down a thief for a Phone. If the OP is willing to confront whatever comes and deal with the consequences then by all means find him and get that pre back!

I know you love the Pre hparsons, but you would die for it?
    I agree with you in principle, but we aren't talking about the civil rights movement here or the war to end slavery.

We are talking about chasing down a thief for a Phone. If the OP is willing to confront whatever comes and deal with the consequences then by all means find him and get that pre back!

I know you love the Pre hparsons, but you would die for it?
    You're missing my point. No, we're not talking about civil rights here; but we are talking about a society that has more and more taught "don't resist, give in, give them what they want, and they'll probably leave you alone", and then we act surprised when they take our stuff.

Am I willing to trade my life for a phone? The simple answer is no, not really; but that's not the question for me. The real question is am I willing to risk a confrontation over a $500 device that is mine, that someone else decided they somehow deserved more than I. The answer to that is yes, I would be willing to accept the risks, and I would confront them over my phone. I'd do it for less.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Am I willing to trade my life for a phone? The simple answer is no, not really; but that's not the question for me. The real question is am I willing to risk a confrontation over a $500 device that is mine, that someone else decided they somehow deserved more than I. The answer to that is yes, I would be willing to accept the risks, and I would confront them over my phone. I'd do it for less.
    Thank you sir!
    And I have a major update here!!!!!

Ok, I just got a phone call from this chick Ashley. She asked for Armando, so I'm like why are you asking for Armando, did he steal my phone? Not expecting this person to tell me but I guess I didn't know what else to say....

To my surprise, this girl was like, Armando? Yeah he probably did steal your phone.

So we had about a 30 minute conversation just now. She went on and on and told me how this dude is driving a hot car with the ignition block busted out, he has dozens of stolen credit cards, and IDs. He lives in a camper behind some house and everyone that lives or hangs out in the house does a ton of meth and they live off all this stolen property.

JACKPOT MOTHER FUHCKER

Your goin down b1tch. I emailed the detective on this case and I can't wait to hear back from him.

I know some of you people think I was crazy for taking this thing to the limit and all the crazy **** I did to try to catch him but I think karma paid off here.

This dude and his posse should go down in flames for all this ****, and at this point, my property is the last thing I care about.

I got my replacement phone, paid the hundred bucks, got new keys, still don't have an ID, but I did get a new credit card.

I just can't believe this dumb "illegal immigrant" as Ashley indicated, was so incredibly STUPID that he was calling people, giving out my number as his. Just so happened he left a VM to a girl that he had previously **** over and she was inclined to roll on this dude.

THANK GOD for good people and I will surely be back to update you folks here at precentral with all the juicy updates as this thing unfolds.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHH , YESS!!!
    the f***ed up part of all this is that if he get arrested he won't do much time if any at all it will be in a min security prison when he comes out in 2 months he will do it all over again the system fails with this
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by precntrl View Post
    Thank you sir!

Ok, I just got a phone call from this chick Ashley. She asked for Armando, so I'm like why are you asking for Armando, did he steal my phone? Not expecting this person to tell me but I guess I didn't know what else to say....

To my surprise, this girl was like, Armando? Yeah he probably did steal your phone.

So we had about a 30 minute conversation just now. She went on and on and told me how this dude is driving a hot car with the ignition block busted out, he has dozens of stolen credit cards, and IDs. He lives in a camper behind some house and everyone that lives or hangs out in the house does a ton of meth and they live off all this stolen property.

JACKPOT MOTHER FUHCKER

Your goin down b1tch. I emailed the detective on this case and I can't wait to hear back from him.

I know some of you people think I was crazy for taking this thing to the limit and all the crazy **** I did to try to catch him but I think karma paid off here.

This dude and his posse should go down in flames for all this ****, and at this point, my property is the last thing I care about.

I got my replacement phone, paid the hundred bucks, got new keys, still don't have an ID, but I did get a new credit card.

I just can't believe this dumb "illegal immigrant" as Ashley indicated, was so incredibly STUPID that he was calling people, giving out my number as his. Just so happened he left a VM to a girl that he had previously **** over and she was inclined to roll on this dude.

THANK GOD for good people and I will surely be back to update you folks here at precentral with all the juicy updates as this thing unfolds.

lol wow
    Thank you sir!

SuhWheet!! Please do update this as more comes in.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

*kicking back feet on lounge chair, with hands behind head, eyes closed enjoying a nice tune*
    You're missing my point. No, we're not talking about civil rights here; but we are talking about a society that has more and more taught "don't resist, give in, give them what they want, and they'll probably leave you alone", and then we act surprised when they take our stuff.

You paid 200 for this device.
    200 v. what is now reported to be cracked out meth addicts who steal for a living, likely have an arsenal of weapons. who do you think will relent first?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    You paid 200 for this device.
    200 v. what is now reported to be cracked out meth addicts who steal for a living, likely have an arsenal of weapons. who do you think will relent first?
    dude what are you talking about.

The police will pursue this lead, bust the house, find the drugs and stolen stuff, and arrest them.

It's not going to go down like the shootout in the streets of HEAT bro...

dude what are you talking about.

The police will pursue this lead, bust the house, find the drugs and stolen stuff, and arrest them.

It's not going to go down like the shootout in the streets of HEAT bro...

let me know how that turns out
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    That is quite an update!
    Good luck, hope they bust them. Like was said before, they'll go away for a couple of months and then be back on the streets, stealing to support their habit. Once someone becomes a serious meth addict, there is almost no hope of them ever pulling out of that downward spiral.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    If I did catch him, I could potentially get all of my property back, besides my phone

Car and Home keys, ID, nice customized business card holder, iPod, garage door opener.....

..... assuming the guy that has your phone is the guy that actually stole it.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast