1.    #1  
    So, not only is there two scratches on the back part of the mirror. There is now scuffs on the Black plastic strip above the mirror. It's obviously a slider issue and it's getting worse and worse.

Do you think this is worthy of a return? Also, If I do a return do you think I will have to pay $100 or would it fall under faulty equipment and just get a swap!?
  2.    #2  
    *** Can a mod edit the Thread Title? It was supposed to be BACK not MACK! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post
    *** Can a mod edit the Thread Title? It was supposed to be BACK not MACK! Thanks!
    I think they meant to have it as "mack" reffering to like mac makeup the little mirrors they use for make up etc...
    lol I'm pretty sure its a typo bipoler. Mr Makeup
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    on my first pre i had the same problem. on my second, everything was perfect, and now its starting to show the two scuff lines on each side. and mirror is getting duller and duller
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Maybe you should just proof read what you type before submitting it and save us all a little time.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
  7.    #7  
    Little Update. About 11pm yesterday I decided to jump on sprint chat to see if I would be able to swap/exchange my PRE because of the back mirror/platic part getting scratched up... The Person basically said I could file a claim with Asuiron. I immediately said, I shouldn't have to. It's not caused by me... It's caused because something inside is rubbing and scratching the device upon opening/closing the slider...They then said It's covered under manufacture warranty and to take it into a sprint store...

It's funny how they try to squeeze that 100 dollars out of you when you file a claim... Even if it's a problem caused by the PRE... If I don't get a free exchange.... All I can say is SPIN KICKS IN THE FACE for everyone!
    Umm... OK but Sprint doesn't get the $100. So your second paragraph is a bit confusing.
  9.    #9  
    Oh... Well in that case...

Sprint just tries to have you take that "pay 100 dollars" route. If I was the one to scratch the PRE myself, then yes, I could see them telling me I would have to go through Asurion. But it's the PRE that is causing itself to scratch... So me paying 100 dollars to swap PRE's shouldn't even be in the equation!!!

My PRE is a fan of self mutilation... *sigh*
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Sprint will swap it out through Advanced Exchange no cost
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    So, not only is there two scratches on the back part of the mirror. There is now scuffs on the Black plastic strip above the mirror. It's obviously a slider issue and it's getting worse and worse.

Do you think this is worthy of a return? Also, If I do a return do you think I will have to pay $100 or would it fall under faulty equipment and just get a swap!?
    I'm wondering, what method are you guys using to open your phones? One or two thumb slide from the bottom? I saw a Sprint store employee flip his open by pressing on the side with his thumb.

How are you carrying the phone? Compressed in a pocket?
    Can these contribute to the scratches?

**examines own Pre, after cleaning the mirror **
    Hmmm, I see a faint scratch just under the Sprint "fan". Wonder if it's truly just the slider or minute particles of debris picked up on the slider to make the scratches? Think a few puffs of compressed air will do the trick?

I mainly use the two thumb push on the bottom to slide. One if in the car, don't tell anyone.
    Palm Pilot -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> iPhone 4s (Sprint)
  12.    #12  
    Alright...

I use two thumbs to open my phone. Almost always. It happens naturally. I place my thumbs on the left and right sides, about an inch from the bottom...
    I never use 1 thumb.

I carry my phone in my front pocket. It's never compressed. NEVER. I wear loose, cargo shorts usually in the summer months. So it has a lot of room in the pocket to stretch out it's legs!

When looking at the back of the phone... Mirror facing me... The left side has a very faint scratch. I could have lived with that. There's multiple scratches under the Sprint fan logo. Like, noticeable. Definitely shouldn't be there. NOW, the black plastic above the mirror has scratches on it. Right above the Logo and right above the S in the word "SPRINT"...

Definitely not happy about this considering how I treat this phone. I have a seidio case on the phone and upon close inspection, the case is NOT causing any rubbing. I thought for a moment, it could be the case. But the case doesn't even touch the parts that have scratches. It's definitely caused by something inside...

Definitely doing an exchange.