Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there any plans for the filecoaster to organize the homebrew apps anytime soon? Like categories or perhaps alphabetically?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I've been wondering the same thing. Alphabetically would be nice.

Do you have file coaster 1.1.1?
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    You can type and search by name or tag.
  4.    #4  
    On the website or the app itself?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I myself, I can't search via the filecoaster app. I have two options homebrew list or File URL download.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Have alphabetically an option because I think the current way of showing what was last updated is more helpful. I don't want to have to search for all my apps and to see if they are up to date.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    does it show last updated first? Or does it show most recent apps first?
    I would just like it to update homebrew the way the update app checks for updates to "official" apps.

I have to uninstall and reinstall homebrew so often because they are updated frequently.

Otherwise filecoaster is amazing.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    I would just like it to update homebrew the way the update app checks for updates to "official" apps.

I have to uninstall and reinstall homebrew so often because they are updated frequently.

Otherwise filecoaster is amazing.
    seriously? You have to uninstall and reinstall? I just click on the app that has been updated and it writes over the current version.

But I agree, it would somehow be nice to be notified if the app has been updated.
    Agreed. You do NOT have to uninstall an app first. Just click the download button and it will overwrite the existing version. When you uninstall an app any related cookies are deleted which means your settings are trashed as well. If you just have it install over the top of itself, you will retain your settings (assuming the apps newer version supports the old data).

FWIW I too would really like to see filecoaster have the ability to tell which apps we have installed and let us update them. I would imagine this is something they are working on.
    To do a search (of the homebrew apps) in filecoaster 1.1.1, open the Homebrew list, then just type what you are looking for ("calculator" for example)
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    To clarify, in the Homebrew List on Filecoaster 1.1.1 the apps are listed by most recently updated. When in the Homebrew List, you can just type (there is no prompt) and search by name or tag. You do not need to uninstall any apps to load newer versions, it just overwrites the old file (even Filecoaster itself).
  13. bbr
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    It would be great if they could do like the app catalog and show you a little icon for the apps you have that have updates or put them in a separate list at the top of the application list
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    It would be great if they could do like the app catalog and show you a little icon for the apps you have that have updates or put them in a separate list at the top of the application list
    I think the developer is working on that for the next rev.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Is anyone having problems with filecoaster????? it just loads loads and loads at the homebrew apps
    I am having a problem with filecoaster too when I select homebrew apps it just keeps running but never actually loads anything
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I didnt even know that the apps go through so many changes so quickly. So basically I have to go thru my app list and open apps to check version then filcoaster to re download? that sux, but hey no biggie its worth it for apps!
    FILECOASTER IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A++++ To the creators! This is the missing link between easily getting homebrew on the PRE! Well Done!
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    I didnt even know that the apps go through so many changes so quickly. So basically I have to go thru my app list and open apps to check version then filcoaster to re download? that sux, but hey no biggie its worth it for apps!
    They're all beta, and you're beta testing. That's just how it goes.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    just a meager thanks for this wonderful app. ^_^
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast