Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    ok firstquick question under phone preference then under the network section you can change the Automatic part to Voice Network or Sprint only, should I change that? what should it be at. And for Disabled Should Data Roaming be enabled or disabled(whats the difference)

and Also in the top left corner next to my service bars and the Ev I have an icon which looks like a phone thats upside down with 6 little dots under it?

and LAST, any way to improve signal/internet strength does updating PRL or network setting help?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Also I mainly jsut need to know that that icon in the upper left corner means, kinda bugging me atm.
    The upside down phone means tty/tdd is turned on. That's for the hearing impaired. You can turn it off in your phone preferences.

I would leave the voice network as is and data roaming, when enabled, when roaming, you'll be able to access data, like the internet and such, when its not, you can't. I have mine enabled so when I'm down working in timbucktoo, I can still listen to pandora.
    Quote Originally Posted by samrozzi View Post
    ok firstquick question under phone preference then under the network section you can change the Automatic part to Voice Network or Sprint only, should I change that? what should it be at. And for Disabled Should Data Roaming be enabled or disabled(whats the difference)

and Also in the top left corner next to my service bars and the Ev I have an icon which looks like a phone thats upside down with 6 little dots under it?

and LAST, any way to improve signal/internet strength does updating PRL or network setting help?

Thanks
    You're going to get mixed responses on this. Some people experience better battery life when disabling roaming and switching the network to Sprint only. This has not been my experience, but the thing to realize is that it totally depends on your location. If you're consistantly in an area where your phone switches between sprint network and roaming all the time, yet you still can get good enough signal for calls and data when it's not roaming, you might get better battery life by switching to sprint only and data roaming off. I'm not a fan of this though because like GuessWho said, you wont be able to roam when you really need to.

I have noticed however, that my phone doesn't switch to roaming as often after updating the network and PRL in that order. YMMV.

I think what we really need here are some updates from Sprint/Palm for the radio software on this phone. Seems like people's signal strength is all over the place in different areas. Unfortunately, this may take a while. I know it took them over six months to update the radio on the Sprint Touch Pro, and I don't think they ever (officially) updated it on the Touch Diamond (which really really needed it). I had to take matters into my own hands and flash to different radios ROMs on my Diamond. This wouldn't be an ideal solution for the common phone user as it's an intimidating and potentially dangerous process if not done properly (as in - brick your phone).
    Last edited by alan7467; 08/12/2009 at 11:02 AM.
    If you enable data roaming make sure you understand your current plan type.

With the everything plan you will not be changed for data roaming.

With anything else ... you will be buying a new cubicle in the call center in India.