1.    #1  
    My Pre shows up as another drive when connected as USB for about 20-30 sec then it disappears. It comes back, but for another 20-30 sec and then disappears again...????

I can't transfer files because of this, any suggestions?

Thanks....
  2.    #2  
    Anyone?
    I'm no expert but the first thing I would do is reboot the Pre and the computer.

I would then plug it directly into the computer, bypassing any usb hubs you might be using.

If that doesn't help more troubleshooting is in order, and a real computer guy's advice is needed.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, I've done that several times... I might just hard reset it as a last option, but I would rather not do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboKern View Post
    Thanks, I've done that several times... I might just hard reset it as a last option, but I would rather not do that.
    Try uninstalling the Pre's drivers(and checking the box to remove them).
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    If you haven't done so already, make sure you're using a "fast" usb port. It makes a huge difference. The fast ports are on the back of my desktop.
    Palm Pilot -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> iPhone 4s (Sprint)
  7.    #7  
    The Pre drivers only show up when connected in computer management, unless there's somewhere else I should be looking. This is f*ing pissing me off.....
    Have you solved this? i'm having the same problem