1.    #1  
    I can't get the weather to load up on my Pre calendar. I went to my google calendar on the laptop, selected weather to be on and it shows up on the laptop. I synced it and it still doesn't show up on my Pre. What am I doing wrong?
    Does the weather calendar show up in your list of calendars on the pre? (Drop down list in upper right title bar of calendar app.) Are "ALL" calendars selected to display? If the weather calendar is in the list, you might toggle between this calendar and back to "ALL" to make it reset.

Regards,
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    ...you might toggle between this calendar and back to "ALL" to make it reset.
    Wow, does that work? I'll have to remember that. When things stop appearing for me, I delete the entire Google account from the Pre and re-add it. That seems to do the trick, but if this suggestion works it would be better.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

I haven't been able to sync the weather and have it show on the Pre. I've tried removing and such but never could get it to work. If you do please post it here and let everyone know.

The HTC Hero has a nifty calendar with weather included which is really nice. Hopefuly Palm can add that in a future update but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Mine shows up fine. just make sure you select "ALL" calendars and then try the trick above of toggling between that calendar and "ALL".
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    It showed up on mine fine. The problem is that all you get is the days high and low temp, kinda useless.
    Mine is not showing anymore- but did at first. Weird.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    Wow, does that work? I'll have to remember that.
    Whoa whoa whoa, didn't mean to sound like I knew what I was talking about. I just tossed that out as something to try.

Also, I should have mentioned that I too have the weather thing working, and yes, it is pretty lame. You'd think that in place of "Forecast for [your location]" they could at least say "Sunny in", or "Partly Cloudy in", in addition to high/low temp.

Oh oh oh, new guess -- did you enter your location in the same preference screen on Google Calendar?

Regards,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    I went to the Weather Underground ( Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground ), and grabbed their ICAL link for my local forecast. After subscribing to that URL in Google Calendar, I get the daily forecast inserted onto my Pre calendar. It shows up as a brief forecast in the title (like Thunderstorms 81/67), but pulls down the entire text of the forecast in the event notes.....
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    I went to the Weather Underground ( Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground ), and grabbed their ICAL link for my local forecast.
    Well that's just nothing short of awesome! Especially since I'm a fan of the "wunderground".

Do you have any idea when/how this info is updated on the Pre calendar?

Thanks again,
    Tom
    mine works, no problems. It's an orange, single bar up top that displays high and low for the date. Not much use for it but it works nonetheless.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    I went to the Weather Underground ( Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground ), and grabbed their ICAL link for my local forecast. After subscribing to that URL in Google Calendar, I get the daily forecast inserted onto my Pre calendar. It shows up as a brief forecast in the title (like Thunderstorms 81/67), but pulls down the entire text of the forecast in the event notes.....
    ok thats cool. how does one subscribe to the URL in gCalender?

Update: I see where to add the link in gCalender, but when I click the iCal button on wunderground for my city, it downloads the .ics file for Outlook. Where is the link? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    I see where to add the link in gCalender, but when I click the iCal button on wunderground for my city, it downloads the .ics file for Outlook. Where is the link? Thanks.
    Right-click on the iCal button and select 'Copy Shortcut' (IE) or 'Copy Link Location' (Firefox), then paste that into Google Calendar in the 'Add By URL' section. Google will read the ics file and add it to your calendar, which will then sync with the Pre.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Oh this is nifty!

For others like myself who may have a hard time finding where to add the url in google calendar, it's to left of your calendar under "Other calendars". Click the "add" link on the bottom right and select "add by url" from the drop down. Then just paste in the url you copied from weather underground.

Thanks vreihen!