1.    #1  
    Ok, so I am very impatient. I've been watching for any sign of news on the release of a GSM version, so I could just buy an unlocked & use with my current plan, but it just doesn't seem like that is going to happen in the next month or two. So I decided to keep my AT&T Bold & grab a Pre with Sprint.

Here's the issue. I kept my Bold, which I currently have setup on our enterprise server through work. I am going to scale back my plan on the BB & remove the data to just a $40 plan for the next couple months & then wait to buy a GSM Pre & dump the Sprint one. The thing I didnt think about before doing all this was, I can forward my calls from my AT&T # to the Pre, but not SMS.

Does anyone know of a good solution to forward my SMS, as well as calls to my Sprint Pre from the AT&T line?

Thanks!
    never have done that and doubt thats possible
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    check google voice out...might be what you're looking for
    It's possible; I can think of 2 ways and I'll bet there are more:

#1: Google Voice
    #2: txtForward: Automatically Forward SMS text messages from Android, BlackBerry and Windows Mobile to email I just checked the site and there is a BB app available...thing is is that forwards via email...

I've tried neither, but I should...I have a Verizon i760 work provided phone and a personal Sprint 755p which is wasting away tied up on a family plan. Probably my first choice is #1...
    Early termination fee's are gonna kick your ***
  6.    #6  
    Nah, I got my Pre @ "The Shack" (RadioShack's supposed new name) for $150 over the weekend, with free activation & no mail in rebate, so basically for around $115. I figure that was the cheapest way of grabbing a Pre, even knowing I'm going to dump my contract in a few months.

$115 + $200 early term fee = $315, which is cheaper than I have seen any going for outright.

Also, I heard you cannot get Sprint service for the Pre without a 2 year contact, even if you own your own equipment. It's similar to how AT&T works with the iPhone. Even if you were to pay $600-700 for a phone outright, you still have to sign a 2 year contract for service.
    Just curious, but why are you stuck on having a GSM Pre? Sprint seems to have better service than AT&T in most areas and the EvDo is faster than AT&T's 3G from what I've seen. Plus, Sprint has cheaper plans than AT&T.

Are you forced to use AT&T because of your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by cwickstylz View Post
    Also, I heard you cannot get Sprint service for the Pre without a 2 year contact, even if you own your own equipment.
    This is incorrect.
    Best Buy Mobile Rep (I'm off the clock, I speak for myself and not Best Buy)
  9.    #9  
    Just curious, but why are you stuck on having a GSM Pre? Sprint seems to have better service than AT&T in most areas and the EvDo is faster than AT&T's 3G from what I've seen. Plus, Sprint has cheaper plans than AT&T.

Are you forced to use AT&T because of your job?
    No, I used to work for Cingular/AT&T, so I still have a grandfathered plan for 400 anytime, free nights & weekends, and unlimited free text for $39.99, plus I have 2 discount codes on my account still from when I worked there. One for 20% & another for 10% off. I have a total of 3 lines with them, so the 30% really helps.

You are correct about Sprint though. So far I've really liked their coverage & the speed of their network compared to AT&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwickstylz View Post
    No, I used to work for Cingular/AT&T, so I still have a grandfathered plan for 400 anytime, free nights & weekends, and unlimited free text for $39.99, plus I have 2 discount codes on my account still from when I worked there. One for 20% & another for 10% off. I have a total of 3 lines with them, so the 30% really helps.

You are correct about Sprint though. So far I've really liked their coverage & the speed of their network compared to AT&T.
    And you think you'll keep all that if you upgrade phones? I dunno how AT&T works, but I know Sprint wouldn't allow that, I'd imagine AT&T is no different.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    ^ nope... it's like the mafia, once your in there is no getting out. haha I used to get 28% discount on my AT&T account and even after I left that job, it was still there, through all the upgrades/new phones/plan changes. That was one of the reasons i was hesitant to switch over to Sprint, but with sprint I got a 20% discount plus cheaper plan so it worked out better.