Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    MY gps puts me about 50-75 miles away from my actual location. I have tried turning it off and on but still to the same results. I am in MD and it keeps showing me in Virginia. Any Ideas on how to fix this or is anyone else have similar issues?
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toddrules View Post
    MY gps puts me about 50-75 miles away from my actual location. I have tried turning it off and on but still to the same results. I am in MD and it keeps showing me in Virginia. Any Ideas on how to fix this or is anyone else have similar issues?

"Turn it off and on" or did you reset? If not, reset it and make sure you're outdoors with a clear view of the sky for GPS.

This maps/nav system uses cell triangulation as well as satellites, so you should be able to get a good reading one way or the other if you have a good cell signal and line of site for the bird.

bj
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Are you using Airave ?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huncher View Post
    Are you using Airave ?
    yes i am
    Quote Originally Posted by toddrules View Post
    yes i am
    It's fixing on the last DSLAM hop then, instead of your actual location. I had problems with this for a few weeks after I got my Airave then it started locating me fine all of a sudden.

Make sure that ALL of the options are set to ON in your Location Services.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I use an Airave as well, after a minute or so it will show your right location.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I am using airave also and it places me in California somewhere. And it never finds the correct location. I live in Texas. If my Pre is not using the Airave it works fine.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    This is an issue with SPRINT network. The other day I was using GPS in DC , the location was not the same as the one google maps showing.

Whats more funny was both google maps and GPS were wrong.