Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Ok, after reading through some of these threads, I'm paranoid about the "oreo effect". I notice that my Pre screen moves side to side a little and also the gap on the left side is a little bigger than on the right. Is this normal??
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    The gap on the left has been significantly bigger on the left than the right on 2 of my 3 phones. Notably on the bottom of the phone, as it seems to be even across the top. I'm not too worried about it, as many seem to be that way.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    The gap on the left has been significantly bigger on the left than the right on 2 of my 3 phones. Notably on the bottom of the phone, as it seems to be even across the top. I'm not too worried about it, as many seem to be that way.
    Whew...that makes me feel a little better.

I was trying to find pictures of the "oreo" effect, but couldn't find any. Does anyone have a pic?
    Twist open an oreo cookie, that's the oreo effect. Some Pre's have lost their tracking/rail connects which allows this. Some movement is a good thing to me. I have 1-2cm movement that I'm comfortable with, allows a little bit of give when needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Twist open an oreo cookie, that's the oreo effect. Some Pre's have lost their tracking/rail connects which allows this. Some movement is a good thing to me. I have 1-2cm movement that I'm comfortable with, allows a little bit of give when needed.
    I think you may have meant 1-2mm 1-2cm woukd be like around just under a 1/2 inch to almost 3/4 inch. I have about a 2mm twist and about 2mm gap around between the two halves. They are two separate pieces and a tiny gap and twist is normal based on how the slider works. Slightly larger guides would make it feel better but eventually wear will kick in and create a tiny twist and gap if it was tight to begin with. Resist the temptation to twist it as you could poptencially cause damage to the guides or rails as they are tiny and can bend.
    here we go again