Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Wow! That's what I have to say about the Active Home Screen for Pre App. I am currently using .3a and really like it! If you haven't went and donated for this app, then I think you should! Webosdeveloper{at}gmail.com is the guy (metiphorical guy, sex unknown) that has done an amazing job developing this app! It's quite simple actually, but the fact is, this "guy" thought it up and made it happen! I love the weather widget because I'm always checking the weather, plus, I love having a built-in todo list that always lists my items on the homescreen! I can't wait to see how this thing evolves!

Keep brewing all ye Homebrew Underground!

Last edited by efaucett; 08/11/2009 at 01:51 PM.
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Isn't there a subforum dedicated to self marketing plugs?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Lol, I'm not that guy. I just got ahold of the app and am excited for it! Lol, after I previewed my post, I realized that I do sound like I am doing some self marketing, but in truth; I'm just excited about everything on this website and the amount of activity the Pre has gotten from this community.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by efaucett View Post
    Lol, I'm not that guy. I just got ahold of the app and am excited for it! Lol, after I previewed my post, I realized that I do sound like I am doing some self marketing, but in truth; I'm just excited about everything on this website and the amount of activity the Pre has gotten from this community.
    Also, the bare truth is, I'm trying to up my post count to ten so I can post pictures, links, etc.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Its a cool app. I play with it a few times and I think it's alright.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by efaucett View Post
    Also, the bare truth is, I'm trying to up my post count to ten so I can post pictures, links, etc.
    This one here makes number 10 and now I'm gonna put up a picture of my phone's screenshot!
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I donated, no email, no refund, my email address is still the same. Not really sure what went wrong!
    Would love to try this out...just dont want to have to root my Pre...any chance of getting this on a Non-rooted Pre?
  9.    #9  
    I had the same thing happen to me when I downloaded my version. I just emailed Webosdeveloper@gmail.com and told "him" what you just told me; that I donated and then no link. Try that, and if it doesn't work PM me.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Would love to try this out...just dont want to have to root my Pre...any chance of getting this on a Non-rooted Pre?
    Rooting your Pre is actually not hard, nor as dangerous as you would think. The only thing that "Rooting" actually means, is gaining access to the Linux Subsystem builtin to your Pre.

*******Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong*******

All you need to do, is go to this link: WebOs Internals Installing an IPK This page will tell you step by step how to install a Homebrew App, which is essentially what you are doing. The Apps you can download for the Pre all have the File Extension .IPK, hence the term, "Installing an IPK".

When enabling developer mode on your Pre, you will be on the desktop of your Pre, or main screen. You will type this in EXACTLY as I write it as follows:
    upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart

This enables Developer Mode, which basically allows developers to install and test their Apps on the phone itself.

As for rooting, this is not a dangerous operation. It's as simple as this: If you were to install a folder on your Windows Desktop and open it, and let's say you had 5 more folders inside that New Folder. By double clicking on this New Folder and opening, you gained "Root" Access to the beginning or bottom of that directory. By "Rooting" your Pre, you are not harming it by merely gaining access. You can harm it if you were to figure out commands and changed system variables that you don't know about, but once again, by merely gaining access; this is harmless.

Anyway, go to the link I suggested, and that method has been my favorite for installing apps on the Pre. You will have to Install PreBrew and the drivers that are included, which will allow your computer to communicate with your Pre. If that doesn't answer your question; which by the way, YES! You can install it to a Non-Rooted Pre, because by simply Running Prebrew, you are not "Rooting" yourself. It does all the work for you! Take care and enjoy the baddest phone ever made!

Keep Brewing All Ye Homebrew Underground!
    I love how this screen looks and it will definitely make my life easier once I get my Pre in September.
    Wait, so this prebrew thing is a program that roots your phone? Or is another pc app installer like webos quickinstall. Does homescreen require rooting or could it simply be run like all the other apps. Downloaded via pc with no rooting required.
    Yeah, I'd totally use it if it supported homebrew in the launcher.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I'm a purist. I love the Pre home screen just the way it is, uncluttered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    there should be and this thread should be in there
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Where do I go to donate, download or whatever to get this app?
    App Catalog, search for ActiveCard. It's neat, but I don't think it's that great of an app.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I have to agree that the ActiveCard is still in need of some updates to make it more integrated, however it does have it's positives (i.e., search, widgets, and composition). I'm not a fan of it as a card: (think patch like incorporation into current launcher homescreen and I'll be completely happy.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    thanks, got it
    New version is out and nice bump
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast