Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnL_ View Post
    I knew it was only a matter of time. The end of the little tab covering the USB port broke off last night, and now it comes out completely whenever I open the port. It's only a matter of time before it gets lost.

Is the door tab important? I've used Palms for years with exposed power ports -- my Moto GSM phone has one (mini USB) exposed too, as does my Kindle (micro). Is it horrible if the port stays uncovered? Is anyone selling a replacement yet?
    Mine broke off about 2 weeks ago (I've had it since June 6). I put it somewhere so I wouldn't lose it, and promptely forgot where.

If anyone has problems with junk getting in the slot, it'll be me... Good thing I've got TEP
    Quote Originally Posted by nreeldeep View Post
    I'm worried about the gap that's formed between the two halves of the phone whenever I slide my fingernail between the halves in order to dig the usb door out. Each time icreate a gap and I'm worried that might eventually contribute to a loosening of the mechanism that holds the two halves of the phone together.

I'll probably pull the door off.

I'm curious: those of you without long fingernails, how do you get that cover off?
    Slide the keyboard open before prying the cover out.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Mine broke off after 6 weeks and formed a little crack in the shell. I warned the wife to just cut the USB door off but she didn't and a few weeks later hers broke and took a huge chunk of plastic with it. No surprise here, but the Sprint store considers this to be normal wear and tear and should be expected on a 4month old device.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Palm should redesign the door so that it is springloaded and goes inward when pushed by the micro-usb plug, and closes when you pull it out. The same way a cassette deck door is designed. It doesn't even have to be hard plastic, it could be a rubber flap, and that would alleviate the need for a spring.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12