1.    #1  
    The apps in the store dont have prices, how do we find out the cost of the apps?
    If it doesnt have a price its free
    The app store is not a store, it is a catalog and the difference is unlike Itunes where it is a clearing house there are no plans to allow transactions. Thus you will have to have your own credit card / processing on the developers site and users will have to go to separate sites to pay for apps.

Something that will end up stifling paid apps in the long run and something Palm needs to change IMO. One of the stupidest decisions they have made concerning the Pre thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    The app store is not a store, it is a catalog and the difference is unlike Itunes where it is a clearing house there are no plans to allow transactions. Thus you will have to have your own credit card / processing on the developers site and users will have to go to separate sites to pay for apps.
    Wrong on so many levels.

Stop spreading misinformation. Palm changed their stance on that and will allow transactions like the Apple App Store early this fall.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    will allow transactions like the Apple App Store early this fall.
    This fall...great. I could be dead by then.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Fall is just around the corner. And the app catalog is still in beta phase, as soon as they are out (and they have new applications), prices will be listed. Other then that, all except one app is free, you just gotta read the information that's on there. For instance, the classic app clearly states "free for *yada yada* weeks and $15.99 after that".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Wrong on so many levels.

Stop spreading misinformation. Palm changed their stance on that and will allow transactions like the Apple App Store early this fall.
    I had not heard that it changed. The original decision was retarded I'm glad they came to their senses.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for the info...I've never downloaded any apps and was curious about the twitter app. Jus wanted 2 make sure its free
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    It seems that most apps are free?
    I've downloaded several and never once was $'s mentioned
    Quote Originally Posted by chaz28o View Post
    It seems that most apps are free?
    I've downloaded several and never once was $'s mentioned
    It's all Beta now, once it all comes out of Beta you'll have to start paying for apps.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    yes because the only place to use programs or "apps" are on a newly purchased mobile device. what a fail post.
  12.    #12  
    Anyone use the twitter app?..is it any good?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Think of the money you'll save.
  14. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    What if we told you it would all be ready tomorrow? You could be dead by then too you know....