Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Well, I made a major blunder. In the process of setting up homebrew, I forgot to backup my photos. My Pre did a complete reset with the webOS Quick Install program. My Palm Profile was restored. Any chance I can recover my pics?
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    there are programs that you can try and run. "recover my files" is one that ive used in the past on camera memory cards. Just realize that the more you write to the memory, the more likely that the blocks will be overwritten and left unrecoverable.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Found a nice piece of free software that does the trick. Google for "Zero Assumption Recovery". Recovers photos for free!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Are photos not backed up to the palm profile?
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    If that doesn't work, plug your Pre in as a USB Drive and download a program called "Recuva". It's free and works great for me. Haven't tried it w/ the Pre, but it works great on flash drives or regular hard drives.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Thank you all SOOO much! The Recuva program worked GREAT!!! My Pre decided to delete ALL my pics, music and apps off my phone after a reboot. Sucks. At least I was able to recover my stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamgates79 View Post
    anyone knows how to install recuva on the palm?
    You don't install it on your phone. You put your phone into USB mode and run recuva on your computer and select the phone's USB as the location you want to scan.