Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VDrake View Post
    Yesterday when I was using the Sprint Navigation and had blue tooth running, I had it plugged into my car charger and noticed that the charger was barely keeping up with it. After talking on the phone for a few minutes I checked the battery level and discovered it has actually dropped a percent while talking on the phone. I guess running those three apps at the same time really does eat up the battery faster than the charger can do it's job.
    Which car charger were you using? As I understand it the Sprint version does not put out the recommended power to run these apps. The Palm version should take care of it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    How could they not already have gotten wind of it? It's not like it's a secret at this point. In fact, it's one of the first and most prevalent issues I read about in my first few days of doing Pre research.
    I meant more that if Apple uses this to their advantage in marketing material then Palm will take a major hit.

So, as Pre users, lets mobilize (pun intended) and organize a formal protest/petition, it will certainly nudge Palm forward on releasing at least a statement let alone a patch. I will checkout petition sites this evening.

Seriously, having to think about my battery life every time I pull out my phone during my day is driving me nuts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveborough View Post
    I meant more that if Apple uses this to their advantage in marketing material then Palm will take a major hit.
    Apple already uses this to some degree. To that small percentage of their iPhone users who care about multitasking, Apple points to this kind of battery life degrade as one of the reasons they restrict multitasking to a small subset of their own programs. The Jailbreaking crowd has realized similar power performance issues when they unlock iPhone's multitasking capability ... and simultaneously lessen their battery life.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12