Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    so, some of my friends on facebook decided that it would be funny to make their phone numbers different than they actually are (ie. 867-5309 and 911), this poses a really serious problem for me because I could accidentally dial 911 when trying to call my friends, is there any possible work around that would allow for me to remove the false number from the contact without completely removing facebook from my synergy?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Can you not edit the numbers manually?
    i think your friends screwed you. i mean it's not really a problem with the phone. it's assuming the number is valid. personally i just don't have facebook in my contacts cause it's full of numberless entries from people i don't want to talk to anyways. it be nice if you could choose to add only certain groups. Then i'd just make a group for people i want in my phone.
    Its not synergy its your friends.
  5.    #5  
    nah i know tons of people who do that and it was way before i got my phone
    Anybody who changes their number to 911 is an *****. If a 'friend' did that to me they won't be a 'friend' anymore.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    IMHO It would just be nice if Synergy could be turned on or off, or if it was teachable, (like if it asked you on a contact by contact basis.) Somehow, every time I use Mark Space's Missing Sync, I wind up with a bunch of contacts linked together.
    That does kinda suck.
    Get new friends I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    i agree
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    If you want to blame synergy, blame Facebook first for allowing a phone number to be "911".
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    True. synergy is the middle man. The real problem starts with your friends.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SetMonkey13 View Post
    True. synergy is the middle man. The real problem starts with your friends.
    "Starts with" yes. But Synergy should allow more flexibility.

It would be nice, for example, if it let you (1) Manually choose which contacts from social networking sites to include and (2) Let you set what type of contact information it used from each source - so a "No phone numbers" from Facebook filter.
    Agreed with everyone who says the real problem is your friends. However, you can always enter new phone numbers for your facebook friends--this will in reality start a new contact on a different service that will be linked. So you're not limited to using the information your friends provide.

I just did this yesterday. Got a text message from someone I know, but I didn't have her mobile phone number in my contacts. When I added the number to my contacts, I selected add to existing, and found her facebook entry. When I added the number, it created a new contact for her on my Exchange server (my default account).

It's not perfect--the contact on my Exchange server has her email as her name, but it does have the phone number and her email in their proper fields, respectively. I would also like to be able to choose which account gets the new information (I would rather have had this one in my google contacts), or change it later on (like you can with calendar entries). But it does get the job done.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Anybody who changes their number to 911 is an *****. If a 'friend' did that to me they won't be a 'friend' anymore.
    Really, you would stop being friends with a person because of that? It's painfully obvious that they're joking...right?
    I have done similar to what JBG did - either go into their profile in your "Contacts" area and manually add a new number, or make a new card for them and link them and make it the Primary.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richardhkirkando View Post
    Really, you would stop being friends with a person because of that? It's painfully obvious that they're joking...right?
    Maybe they're a 911 Operator.
    The problem is synergy's rigidity not his friends. Its an all or nothing deal right now so remove the syncing from FB until Palm fixes the issues with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    Get new friends I guess.
    x2
    Quote Originally Posted by richardhkirkando View Post

There is nothing even remotely funny about causing a person to dial 911 for no reason. It's retarded.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast