Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    There is nothing even remotely funny about causing a person to dial 911 for no reason. It's retarded.
    Maybe they didn't think of the possibility that the number they put on facebook would be the number called by their friend? Synergy is too rigid at this point, but you can easily add the real numbers to get around that problem. The OP's problem is a combination of not being careful on his part, and the Pre being not quite customizable- yet.
    If you had their numbers already, then just chose the primary number for that particular contact and forget about the rest...
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    We all were or you should have been atleast informed what the phone could or could'nt do...I think synergy is an excellent feature and it does what it says it does....pulls YOUR contacts and gives you access to them...maybe people should go thru there gmails and facebooks etc contacts online and manage there phonebook there so when your phone syncs it has the # listed..why have the so called "friend" on your online facebook, but when your phone loads all contacts we complain about it?...I think some should clean there closets out dont blame the phone for it...and aside universal search if you feel you have soooooooo many contacts.....
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    people like to blame things, how is it the pre's fault what your friends put in their data fields? fail
  5.    #25  
    im just saying that it would solve the problem completely if you could tell synergy to not sync certain contacts
    Quote Originally Posted by boscoton87 View Post
    im just saying that it would solve the problem completely if you could tell synergy to not sync certain contacts
    Totally correct. But many here can't admit that something could have been done better and instead spout ridiculous work arounds when in fact Palm should have just let you select who you wanted to sync and what numbers.
    I completely understand where the OP is coming from. One of my original gmail accounts has about 600 or so real estate contacts from when I dabbled in other arenas of investing, and I will probably never contact them again (but I don't want to delete just in case). And for that reason and that reason only, I have only linked certain gmail accts. (after I went through and filtered my contacts list) and work email.

But I do believe as well that you should be able check and uncheck which contacts you want to sync. That is my conclusion after about 2 hrs of cleaning up old contacts.

Someone stated the key point, the pre is doing exactly what it said it would; pulling ALL your contacts and their information -- verbatim. I think that is new (correct me if I am wrong, 1st smartphone), so they will probably fix. I hope

But I like it regardless....
    The OP has two issues to deal with here.
    The phone number issue is separate from synergy. The ability to set a phone number in Facebook to "911" is still not okay.

No one here thinks that synergy shouldn't allow you to pick which contacts you sync. We just think that, setting your phone number to "911" is stupid, which it is.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    The problem is synergy's rigidity not his friends. Its an all or nothing deal right now so remove the syncing from FB until Palm fixes the issues with it.
    not sure palm can do it. notice the G1 has the same issue. in draggin a **** load of google contacts that may just be spam people that just randomly emailed you to your contacts. i think it's a facebook/google contact management issue but i'm just guessing.
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    There is nothing even remotely funny about causing a person to dial 911 for no reason. It's retarded.
    911 IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!!

Nobody is forcing anybody to dial 911. I'd bet my life that the person on facebook who set their phone number as 911 has no clue that some random friend of their's cell phone handles contacts in such a way that it might be possible to accidentally call 911 if they're not paying attention.

But that probably is easily solved by paying attention to the phone numbers you're dialing. It's not difficult.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    So I play a stupid game on Facebook and I added like 200 friends so I could beat people up. Now my PRE is getting beat up by Facebook because I have like 200 people in my address book now that I have no idea who the heck they are lol.. Kind of annoying but not really.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardhkirkando View Post
    911 IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!!

Nobody is forcing anybody to dial 911. I'd bet my life that the person on facebook who set their phone number as 911 has no clue that some random friend of their's cell phone handles contacts in such a way that it might be possible to accidentally call 911 if they're not paying attention.

But that probably is easily solved by paying attention to the phone numbers you're dialing. It's not difficult.
    Even if the Pre didn't dial automatically it's still a dumb thing to use 911 as a dummy number. I do agree the OP should double check his contacts as well but that doesn't excuse the friend's stupidity.
    I just got the Pre and synced with Facebook and ended up with 500+ additional contacts to people I don't call/text. Since you can't selectively choose what the sync, could I just manually delete the contacts I don't want? ISSUE: will it re-add those contacts once it decides to sync again??
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12