1.    #1  
    My phone is having a midlife crisis. It happened the other day, but I can't remember what I did immediately before that precipitated it. I've only had it for a week.

Just now, I plugged in my phone, it beeped that it was charging about a minute later, and then it went psycho. The screen showed that random parts of the screen were pushing, it was opening all kinds of apps, etc.

Has anyone run into this problem? I could NOT get it to stop; I tried to get it to turn off, but it wouldn't do that either! I finally gave it to my husband to take off the battery, and then it froze and stopped.

WTF?
    Heimlich maneuver? That's the last thing I did when I heard someone "Ack!"
    I had that happen to me once. I was using a car charger plugged into an adapter in my office. I'm not sure where I got the adapter but was curious if it'd work. It only happened with that adapter. Maybe it's getting too much power.
  4.    #4  
    Can't a girl use Ack?

I think you may have inadvertently solved it for me, cdbill! This is a ripoff cable that I bought from eBay. I wonder if it has something to do with unauthorized cables...
    Quote Originally Posted by KristinJustus View Post
    Can't a girl use Ack?

I think you may have inadvertently solved it for me, cdbill! This is a ripoff cable that I bought from eBay. I wonder if it has something to do with unauthorized cables...
    Sorry. Feeling kinda blah. Humor usually helps.

Bad cable might do it it. Is it just the cable or the whole charging mechanism?
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    There's several threads about this, mostly in the accessories forum if I recall correctly. It's caused by third-party chargers, but I don't remember if the problem with them was inadequate amperage or a noisy, unfiltered DC voltage.....