1. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I had it next to me on the desk. Went to grab it to send a text and as my hand got in reach it went from black to palm logo....since the reset its fine. Doesn't appear to have any data loss...
    Is this a 1.1 thing or a random anomoly...like emptying the cache or something to regain memiry?
    This is more than likely a loose battery. Check the thread on the new palm battery available. If you're comfortable opening the back cover of your Pre, a quick temporary fix is to wedge a piece of thick paper (not too thick) at the point where the battery release tab is. The paper will help to keep the battery snug against the contacts.
    Sounds like the loose battery issue. My wife's phone is terrible with it, mine not so bad.
  4. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Weird. This is the first time, and I opened it this weekend for that bodyguardz application.

Ok I just macguyvered it. Maybe that will help. I didn't even touch or move it, it was just sitting still when it happened but maybe it won't do it again now.
    Last edited by ame; 08/11/2009 at 08:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I just randomly reset. It seems fine now.
  6. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I macguyver'd it just in case.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    My first reset came after having the phone for a month. I was trying to get the audio to work with the NFL APP and I noticed that the screen was frozen. It then went through a reset with the Palm logo flashing. The Pre's stability is a lot better than my previous phone - Samsung instinct. The Instinct used to freeze and reboot at least once a day.