Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know there are countless threads filled with people frustrated with what the Pre can not do, but what about things the Pre can do that just doesn't seem to make sense.

For me, I can't stand being on a phone call and hearing the notifications sound blare in my ear when I get a text.
    The calendar alarm. You get to pick an alarm of a few minutes, up to an hour then a full day. On my old Treo 650 I preferred 5 hour alarm times. I don't understand why I can't set an alarm of more than an hour (the only other choice after an hour is a day which is too long IMO).
    No vcard or vcal support - can't send an appointment via blutooth, SMS or email to even another pre user- much less legacy palm user, blackberry or ipod user.

My wife and I both had 755p and beamed stuff to each other each night. Even if I got her a pre- I still couldn't send her a contact or an appointment- (I don't care about IR- my gripe is I can't send via ANY method: blutooth, SMS or email) how could Palm remove this feature?
    I don't like that you have to unlock the phone when the alarm is going off. When I'm just waking up, it's tough to unlock because I'm still kind of out of it.

The on screen keyboard would still be nice especially in landscape mode!
    Contacts...I guess Synergy seems great to some, but I hate the all or nothing approach. I don't want to have to import all of my Facebook contacts or none. And I don't like having to choose between going without Googletalk, or allowing it to take over my contacts too, since again, I don't want to import all of it.
    The most annoying is after the most recent OS update, when your phone is asleep and you receive a text, the screen comes on. Talk about battery drain.
  7. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    I'm able to use googletalk without the phone grabbing google contacts.

Once your phone is all google-ized, go into youe contacys app, open the menu, select Preferences and Accounts, and delete the google account. It will only loose the sink in the Contacts app. The google talk and gmail functions still have the account info and continue to work fine.

xtn
    The most annoying "feature" is that "universal" search doesn't search tasks, memos, or calendar events.

Universal search can't even find "dad" in my contacts because my father's contact record is listed under his full name, but it's linked to another contact record titled "Mom & Dad". If I search for "mom", universal search finds it. Search for "dad", no dice.

Too much ex-Apple blood at Palm, IMO. Ed Colligan would have made sure that WebOS could at least do the simple things that PalmOS could.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    I'm able to use googletalk without the phone grabbing google contacts.

Once your phone is all google-ized, go into youe contacys app, open the menu, select Preferences and Accounts, and delete the google account. It will only loose the sink in the Contacts app. The google talk and gmail functions still have the account info and continue to work fine.

xtn
    Gmail still works for me. But for me to enable Googletalk, my phone always imports the contacts, and seems to require that I remove the GTalk account for the unwanted contacts to go with it.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doublebullout View Post
    The most annoying "feature" is that "universal" search doesn't search tasks, memos, or calendar events.

Universal search can't even find "dad" in my contacts because my father's contact record is listed under his full name, but it's linked to another contact record titled "Mom & Dad". If I search for "mom", universal search finds it. Search for "dad", no dice.

Too much ex-Apple blood at Palm, IMO. Ed Colligan would have made sure that WebOS could at least do the simple things that PalmOS could.
    a work around I found to this is you can add a nickname to your contacts. For example, my dad's contact info has his full name but his nickname in my contacts is "Dad". When i universal search for "dad" his contact info comes up.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    The most annoying is after the most recent OS update, when your phone is asleep and you receive a text, the screen comes on. Talk about battery drain.
    I'm pretty sure you can set it to where you don't have to see the notification when the phone is asleep. I don't remember where I came across that option, but I'm pretty sure it's there.
    Annoying feature is in calendar. Swiping left/right enables you to skip to next day or week. But in month view you have to swipe up and down. Very od.

Btw - I agree with the previous poster too many ex apple guys and not enough palm os folks working on web os/pre
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    not being able to disable the accelorometer is easily my biggest pet peve. You simply cannot read articles with the pre on it's side (say you are lying down) without it orienting 'properly.' Well, if I am truly multitasking then I am probably sending texts, checking emails, and doing other things as I try and browse, so it would be nice having the option to turn it off completely.
  14.    #14  
    One simple thing Palm could have done to make the user experience more enjoyable for a wide range of people is to simply give us more "options". If we just had the ability to turn a lot of these features off and on, that would be a huge improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    not being able to disable the accelorometer is easily my biggest pet peve. You simply cannot read articles with the pre on it's side (say you are lying down) without it orienting 'properly.' Well, if I am truly multitasking then I am probably sending texts, checking emails, and doing other things as I try and browse, so it would be nice having the option to turn it off completely.
    I thought I was the only one that would read on my side with the pre. I second turning off the accelorometer. But if there was an onscreen keyboard I guess this wouldnt be a problem.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    I don't like that you have to unlock the phone when the alarm is going off. When I'm just waking up, it's tough to unlock because I'm still kind of out of it.

The on screen keyboard would still be nice especially in landscape mode!

I think that kind adds to the alarm feature to wake you up doesn't make it "Easy"....so I think its a good thing
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Other then the missing features, I'd say pointing somewhere in a text, selecting text and the copy and paste function is pretty annoying in 1.1. In memos it's simply buggy and unworkable.

WebOS does a great job of not annoying me in general. It doesn't get in the way much. But the whole text selecting thing is just complicated, annoying or not even working. It's a shame really. For such a user friendly system and such a simple feature.

One other minor thing is the accelerometer. As Stihl said, when lying in bed it keeps turning web pages around when I don't want to.
    Clearly the most annoying feature is when your Pre cannot find any data connections so it MUST wildly flail around and inflict a notification every minute until it is remedied. No matter how many times you click "OK", it just doesn't ****ing understand... The Pre needs some disciplining.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  19. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysonline View Post
    Gmail still works for me. But for me to enable Googletalk, my phone always imports the contacts, and seems to require that I remove the GTalk account for the unwanted contacts to go with it.
    But it will no longer pull in all you google contacts. Just your "buddies" that you have google talked with. For me that's just a few. So I just linged those contacts with the real one and it puts their google talk name (gmail address) into the proper field on their contact info page.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    When I have to, highlighting and moving the cursor is annoying.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast