Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    When I have to, highlighting and moving the cursor is annoying.
    I think this will be annoying with any touchscreen.
    Agreeing with a previous poster on the screen flipping to landscape mode when I surf the web in bed laying on my side.

I don't want to disable the accelerometer so I submitted a suggestion that by touching and holding the screen as I rotate the phone the screen will stay in its current orientation.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Randon shut downs (PALM FIX THIS YESTERDAY PLEASE!!)

All or nothing synergy ( i refuse to sync facebook)

All or nothing Gmail contacts (constantly have to delete random contacts)

Poor contact resolution when using google (Google's Fault)

Notification in ear when on the phone (blown up spot)

Boot up time (maddening)

Touch sensitivity improved, but is no match for the Ipod touch/Iphone

Cursor movement (abysmal)
    I would like to be able to get rid of the launcher icon (arrow) in the launch bar so I can add one more app in its location. I never use it because it's easy enough to launch it by flicking upward.
    I will agree that the Universal Search should include Calendar. What were they thinking?!?

I miss Voice Dial, but I really don't understand the lack of video capability.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I'm having a hard time choosing between lag delay errors, copy/paste and preference location. But I'll have to go with screen size.

Some feel a smaller phone is a benefit, but this is a touch device so even a few millimeters of screen space make a difference. And now that I've got pre tethering working I'm actually piggybacking my iPhone onto the Pre because of the convenience of a bigger screen.
    You know about that lag... I was at PreDevCamp at Palm HQ and I was talking to the guy who leads WebOS development and he seemed really proud of its speed. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to get in an argument but I couldn't believe that he thought things were acceptably speedy the way they are. There's definitely some disconnect between what Palm thinks is reasonable speed and my opinion on what is reasonable. (PalmOS, iPhoneOS, Windows Mobile and Android all seem quite a bit faster to me.)
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    You know about that lag... I was at PreDevCamp at Palm HQ and I was talking to the guy who leads WebOS development and he seemed really proud of its speed. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to get in an argument but I couldn't believe that he thought things were acceptably speedy the way they are. There's definitely some disconnect between what Palm thinks is reasonable speed and my opinion on what is reasonable. (PalmOS, iPhoneOS, Windows Mobile and Android all seem quite a bit faster to me.)
    I'm talking over my head, but maybe it's a relative thing; if Apple allowed all of their programs to multitask, particularly how they do on the Pre, what would they consider to be snappy? Isn't that one of the reasons they don't allow it? Plus, there are those who will call it an excuse, but it is a 1.0 device, maybe he considers it reasonable at this point in the lifecycle.

It may not be blazing fast opening apps, but since I mostly leave stuff open it's a non-issue for me. Can't get any quicker than swiping left and right.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I'm having a hard time choosing between lag delay errors, copy/paste and preference location. But I'll have to go with screen size.

Some feel a smaller phone is a benefit, but this is a touch device so even a few millimeters of screen space make a difference. And now that I've got pre tethering working I'm actually piggybacking my iPhone onto the Pre because of the convenience of a bigger screen.
    So your waiting for 2.0 to what, magically increase the screen size?
    That's like saying i hate that the pre has a hardware keyboard. it is what it is!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12