Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Anyone seen this?
    GISuser.com GIS, GPS, LBS, CAD, mapping news, jobs, software, data, community

August 10, 2009, Toronto, Canada, NAC Geographic Products Inc. announced that NAC Locator - a customized NAC enhanced Google Maps for mobile devices now runs on the world's most powerful mobile OS - webOS of Palm Pre handsets to provide maps, satellite images, local searches and turn-by-turn driving/walking directions to all locations no matter whether there are street addresses or not
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    Strange that such a press release isn't accompanied by any sort of other release. Maybe it's posted prematurely? Still pretty sweet though
    I don't understand it either...the article makes it sound like its available now....
    It is, I believe.. If you put one of the universal addresses in the search bar of google maps, it finds it...
    And if you go on that site from the pre, you can interact with the map.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acipollo View Post
    It is, I believe.. If you put one of the universal addresses in the search bar of google maps, it finds it...
    Hmm. When I put in any universal address in the Pre's own Google Maps,
    it finds nothing.

ian
    It is available now. Its a webapp, not an installed Pre app. Just go to NAC Locator.
    -Have fun!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    So, if you add this url "http://www.nactag.info/mmap.asp?addr=" to the universal search lookup it should work.

Of course, I'm still now sure how its different than Google Maps (other than that you can find Mel Gibson's private island.
    so what is the purpose of this?? In what situation would we use this over the Google App?