Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by SeraXI View Post
    The deductable only applies if you damage the phone or have the phone get lost/stolen. IN the case of the OP if you had the $7 or even $4/mo service plan with sprint you would have had the phone replaced within an hour for $0 out of pocket.

Normal repairs due to factory defects and wear and tear (the stuff BB sends out for repair) is covered by TEP for $0 Deductable. Whoever told you that something like a blank screen is a $100 deductable is very very incorrect.

Contrary to popular belief the BB plan does not cover lost/stolen physical damage (cracked screens) or liquid damaged phones. According to the actual T&C of the BB policy there is this extra insurance you have to add to get them to cover liquid/physical above and beyond the black tie for mobile phones, thats what the little * is in the description.
    tons of misinformation here

the sprint deductible applies if the phone is replaced, period. You will only get repair within the 12 month manufacturer warranty period. After that, it is replacement only.

Sprint LIMITS how many replacements you can get, usually up to 2. So, your phone breaks and gets replaced twice, then you're done. It breaks again, just get to enjoy buying a new one at full price.

BB does cover physically damaged phones. According to the actual T&C of the BBY policy, you were reading the wrong bby policy. You were reading the one for laptops, digital cameras and mp3 players.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Just an update on my Black Tie experience so far. Please note that this is using the recently terminated contractor for repairs, so others' experiences may differ.

Today is the Target Completion Date +1 and my Pre is still listed as being in repair. BBM refuses to provide me with a new phone until 8/22. Given that my Pre shipped out on 7/20 and was received 7/22 by the repair facility, and the phone is still in repair as of today's date, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a new Pre. Still, I have to say that this experience has been thoroughly unpleasant and unacceptable.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Target completion date +3, Pre is still listed as "in repair". I get a new one tomorrow. Weeeeeeeeeeeee...

7/18 - 8/22 without my Pre using the Black Tie Protection.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    tons of misinformation here

the sprint deductible applies if the phone is replaced, period. You will only get repair within the 12 month manufacturer warranty period. After that, it is replacement only.

Sprint LIMITS how many replacements you can get, usually up to 2. So, your phone breaks and gets replaced twice, then you're done. It breaks again, just get to enjoy buying a new one at full price.

BB does cover physically damaged phones. According to the actual T&C of the BBY policy, you were reading the wrong bby policy. You were reading the one for laptops, digital cameras and mp3 players.
    Wrong

What is Total Equipment protection?

Total Equipment Protection is a monthly insurance coverage subscription program offering comprehensive service, repair and replacement. It combines the features and benefits of two individual programs:

Equipment Service and Repair Program:

* Coverage against mechanical or electrical problems, routine maintenance or failure from normal use.
    * Repair and service are available at Sprint Phone Repair Centers. Check our online Sprint Store Locator for the nearest location.

Equipment Replacement Program:

* Insurance for stolen, lost or physically damaged devices.
    * File your claim within 60 days of the loss.
    * To file a claim, call Asurion Customer Care at 1-800-584-3666.
    * If your device is lost or stolen, contact Sprint at 1-888-211-4727 to suspend service.

Fees & Coverage Details

The fee for the program is $7 per phone, smart device or mobile broadband card per month.

You can have up to three approved claims for loss, theft, physical or liquid damage within any consecutive 12 months.

A $50 or $100 nonrefundable deductible will apply for approved claims for loss, theft, physical or liquid damage claims.

When equipment replacement claims are approved, you will receive the same or comparable equipment, of like kind and quality, with similar features as your original equipment. Replacement equipment may be refurbished, reconditioned or different from your original phone, smart device or mobile broadband card.

You have the right to cancel your coverage at any time without penalty. If you choose to cancel, the change will be effective immediately.
    i Had to do two when i first got mine at the best buy in downey i think they had a bad batch or something
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123