Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys

Please go to skyfire.com and submit requests for support of the Pre and skyfire, this is there answer:

Palm Pre: An impressive phone, and we're keeping our eye on it.

So if we all send them email they will start production for the Pre, the browser (skyfire) is awesome browser it is mozilla firefox for the smartphones. So lets give our petition for the skyfire on the Pre.

Skyfire: Support, Form

Thanks
    Once we get flash 10 support what's the point? It a nice browser for other platforms because there stock browsers are lacking. Again once we have flash 10 what would you want the skyfire browser for besides playing flash content
  3.    #3  
    Speed of the browser, it works same tech as firefox, these guys are the creators of firefox. I saw it run on a Nokia system and it is just amazing, speed of how fast it loads web sites with flash and without flash, just amazing browser. Best i seen for smarphones, I also ran Opera on my BB and that was good also but doesnt come close to skyfire.

Skyfire is a true browser not a mobile browser. It runs server assisted so it doesn't really load on the phone, that alone makes it lightning fast. Full Flash also.
    HAHAHAHA. Skyfire. IS NOT A BROWSER. its more like a picture, video loading program. You are actually just streaming pictures and videos off their servers.
    it sucks specially when you lost connection to their servers.
    The pre's webkit browser is substantially faster. Not only that Firefox is one of the slower browsers out there albeit a great browser its still slow. Chrome is much much faster.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Skyfire was great on WinMobile, but I like the Pre's browser is much better.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I agree with the others... No need for skyfire on the Pre.
    Actually the only thing skyfire has on palm's browser is flash, but we will het flash 10 in october, so after that it skyfire has nothing on us cuz its better in everything else

I foujd skyfire really clunky actually
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    Actually the only thing skyfire has on palm's browser is flash, but we will het flash 10 in october, so after that it skyfire has nothing on us cuz its better in everything else
    But if you all did get Skyfire for the Pre, you'd have something for Flash content if the promised webOS flash support does not materialize in October.

I mean, how many times was webOS delayed? You can't assume Palm will hit a deadline. And 2 seperate companies trying to hit a deadline together is even more tricky.

Better to have 2 options than none.
    this isn't a palm deadline. this was promised by adobe. web on the pre is much better
    adobe said there will be a beta released to devs we may have to wait another month b4 implimented in os
    I was very unimpressed with Skyfire on WM. I much preferred Opra. The WebOS browser is at least twice as good as Opra.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    firefox on a PC is bad enough. unstable, fat, hideous security and development practices and bugs that haven't been fixed in years. as it stands the pre's default browser using webkit is plenty good, imo. i don't need crappy mozdev code on my device

also, am i the only person who shudders at the thought of having flash on my pre?

if opera developed a version of mobile for webos, i'd consider using it.
    Let's start a petition to bring back Crystal Pepsi!!!

Who's with me?
    Going from WM to Blackberry, i missed Skyfire.

Going from Blackberry to Pre, i haven't even thought of Skyfire.
    the fonts skyfire uses would look horrible on the pre. I know they looked horrible on my diamond. Everything always looked distorted and also the scroll is not smooth in skyfire. I prefer opera and the pre's web browser
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    this isn't a palm deadline. this was promised by adobe. web on the pre is much better
    Fair enough. And I'm still waiting for them to offer 64 bit support for my PC. (Heck of a lot more people with a 64 bit Windows machine than a Pre, but that's no big deal, right.)

Adobe still must work within Palm's framework, so there is some collaboration although Palm's not doing the development.

But still, is there a problem with you having 2 means to handle flash content on your Pre? Would it be an issue for you to have some other means to handle flash if Adobe was late delivering, or would you rather have nothing at all till Adobe deleivers, even if they're several months late?

And although Skyfire looks one way on WM, it does not mean the folks who make Skyfire would not work to do better on webOS.

But hey, I don't have a Pre and if you folks don't want more apps being made for your device, that's up to you .
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Let's start a petition to bring back Crystal Pepsi!!!

Who's with me?
    I got your back!
    More options are better. The Pre's browser still needs a lot of work to be competitive with the Iphone's. I'd also like to see an Opera version.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I'm sorry but why would we want or need a third party browser when we have a webOS webkit browser which is simply AMAZING!..I don't get it that's like having a iphone and wanting a third party music player lol....to me any other browser that isn't webkit based would be a downgrade, heck our browser is just as good if not better than the hailed king of browser "Safari" ....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast