1.    #1  
    okay im not very tech savy so to speak and this is going to be my first smart phone. is this a bad decision? just asking cuz on some of the cons of this phone people say its a confusing interface. what do u think?
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    no, not a bad decision
    Try it for 30 days. Make a decision based on that. Anything that is posted after my post will not mean nearly as much.
  4.    #4  
    i can turn the phone in for another after thirty days? how many times can i do that?
    Try it you will see not only is it less confusing than you may expect , but being "not very Tech savvy" after using this phone you may learn a lot and become more knowledgeable , you have 30 days. nothing to lose except your tech virginity

The best way to become Tech Savvy is to use newer technology.
    listen to some tech related net casts.

TWIT Tech Ntecasts

Slashdot - News for nerds, stuff that matters

TechRepublic - A Resource for IT Professionals
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckchuck88 View Post
    i can turn the phone in for another after thirty days? how many times can i do that?
    you can do it anytime before the 30th day i believe
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Confusing? Sheesh! No wonder Apple dumbs down their products. The Pre is very simple to use.
    Last edited by palandri; 08/10/2009 at 05:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    okay im not very tech savy so to speak and this is going to be my first smart phone. is this a bad decision? just asking cuz on some of the cons of this phone people say its a confusing interface. what do u think?
    The WebOS (the Operating System) isn't bad and certainly provides a refreshing paradigm to interacting with the device's feature.

The hardware of the device, however, is not as mechanically sound as many of the Palm Pre competitors. Also, due to the nature of the problems it is having, there is legitimate concern that the hardware will not last 2 years.

But, as others have pointed out, you have about 30days to try the phone. That will allow you to take it competitors compare both the Operating System features as well as the build quality of the hardware. Remember, phones on display get abused so those that are in great shape in the stores tell you something about the phone build quaility if you choose to own it.

I am sure, if you do this, you will be happy with whatever device you settle on.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    Take it from a guy who is truly not a phone geek, just try it. I had a regular phone with just basic internet for 6 years. It was a cheap samsung, but reliable. I was begged seemingly every time I spoke with sprint to switch, but I held out (thankfully). I have been playing around with my phone since the release date and have enjoyed it. In fact every time I pick it up I learn something new. For instance, just yesterday I learned how to add the homebrew apps!

Like the post said above, try it for 30 days. Trust me, you wont be disappointed.
    This is by far probably the most simple YET very powerful OS/smartphone ever thought up. Even the most un-techy people can use it, yet cool enough for us so-called GEEKS to enjoy it also.

GO BUY ONE!!! You will not regret it.
  11.    #11  
    thanks for all the help guys. i have one more question on the thirty day deal im sorry if someone already said somthing about it but, if i try the pre and thirty days switch to a blackberry tour can i switch back to a pre in thrity days?
    thanks for all the help guys. i have one more question on the thirty day deal im sorry if someone already said somthing about it but, if i try the pre and thirty days switch to a blackberry tour can i switch back to a pre in thrity days?
    No. One phone exchange is all you get. Bypass that by signing up for a family plan. Use both simultaniously, and then return the one you don't want. Just say you don't want the family plan anymore. You will have to pay a little extra for your plan, though.

Definitely worth it to make sure you get the phone you want.

By the way- I vote Pre.
    out of the box, the phone is easy to use. but at it is right now, you do need some tech savvy to do the various hacks and mods (ie. root, edit certain files, change dialer background, etc.). it is not hard by any means as they have various tutorials but you would need to read about it and learn from it before doing any mods.

I would enjoy the phone without the mods but coming from a mod-filled world of winmo (mainly cause OOB the phones were slow and buggy), I live to do mods to configure the phone to my exact needs/wants.
    I think switching phones and plans is too much of a pain to do so willy-nilly.

If you're that unsure about a purchase, the answer isn't to close your eyes and dive in. Dip your toe in first by playing with the Pre demo units at your local Sprint stores. Not taking this simple, FREE step is one reason, I think, a number of folks experience "culture shock" and took back their Pre's.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.