1. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    leave any cards open ever? The most I do is 2--messaging and email. And that's RARE.
    Why?
    I also never leave any cards open while I am not using the phone. The most I ever have open is a browser window and pandora and maybe email. I always close all windows before I put my phone away.
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Nope I usualy close them out
    I usually close out my cards as well.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Yea same here. The most I've used is 4 but as soon as I am done, I close 'em.
    I was like that when I first got my phone, but now I find myself leaving notes, messaging, and e-mail open 24/7. I know there is more power being drained from leaving them open but I don't notice it.
    Coming from Blackberry and Windows Mobile, I'm used to HAVING to close apps.
    Yeh I don't really notice any difference in battery life w/ or w/o the cards open. It just depends for me whether or not I leave cards open. Just if I plan on coming back to it or not. And I normally open as many cards as I need (think 7 is most I actually use while open).

The great thing about the pre is I can decide what, when, how and even where I use most of these cards, so its still kinda cool to me to let the pre multitak with me....
  10. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Why?
    No idea. I feel like I need to. Compulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Coming from Blackberry and Windows Mobile, I'm used to HAVING to close apps.
    I had PalmOS so I also was used to it quitting out on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    No idea. I feel like I need to. Compulsion.
    I use a number of graphic/memory intensive applications on my desktop at work, and usually have multiple files open in each app, so I normally close those that I'm not actively using to keep from running low on memory. So, I understand the compulsion part, had to un-train myself from doing it on my computer.

But unless they're apps that are doing something you don't want them doing when you're not on your Pre (like a GPS app constantly checking your location) there's really not much reason to close them, and it's just extra time finding and opening them again when you need to.
    Occasionally I will forget and leave 1 or 2 open, I will notice the battery drain and close them. My son however (17), he will have myspace, facebook and texting all at once. He has 2 batteries and uses them!
    Yeah I don't eave cards open either. I guess it's the OCD in me coming out
    But especially when I put my phone down or put it away I always clear the cards first
    i neverr leave them open. it bugs me.

@ame - check back...i posted the top gun ringer.
    i leave mail on all the time, tweed and ireader a lot of the time.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    i close tabs unless the phone is in use and if im not alone everything is closed
  17. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjain View Post
    i neverr leave them open. it bugs me.

@ame - check back...i posted the top gun ringer.
    Sweet thanks!