Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I got the "new" Palm Pre battery due to the sliding and closing reset issue I've been having. I thought it was BS when the Sprint salesperson told me that there was a new battery but it's true! I got it today and it does look different. It's a tad bigger (barely noticeable) but the upper and lower "legs" look different. The battery fits more snug into the back and I've tested it several times. I've even slammed the screen down forcibly and the unit still stayed on!

Now I just pray that my screen doesn't do the oreo dance.

Edit: I've included the pics on the first post for quick reference sake.

Edit: Uploaded HD Photos. Much clearer now

First pic: Left is old. Right is new.

Second pic: Left is old. Right is new.

Third pic: Left is old. Right is new
    Last edited by chiliu78; 08/10/2009 at 06:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    So I got the "new" Palm Pre battery due to the sliding and closing reset issue I've been having. I thought it was BS when the Sprint salesperson told me that there was a new battery but it's true! I got it today and it does look different. It's a tad bigger (barely noticeable) but the upper and lower "legs" look different. The battery fits more snug into the back and I've tested it several times. I've even slammed the screen down forcibly and the unit still stayed on!

What's the mah rating on the battery? Does it have any more capacity then the original? (should be on the sticker on the battery)
    -mark
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I would also like to know if it is more capacity.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    If this is true then Palm should give all of us, Pre users, this new battery.
    Does it have a different model or part number?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    i agree...i have been having problems with my phone turning off all on its own. Going to the Sprint store now to see about getting a new battery.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    For a lower price i'd like to keep both!
    I get some creakyness from the back of my phone, almost like the back isn't on all the way although it really is. I wonder if this new battery would fix that? I may go in and request a new battery.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Yeah. I'd love to fix this oreo with a new battery.

Pictures of the battery specs... I really want to believe you.
  11.    #11  
    Yea...I took pics but it's on a retarded Sony...you know...where they use their own type of card sizes? Won't fit into my current laptop. will have to go home and upload from there. There are differences in the "legs".

The battery size (mAh) is the same at 1150.

In regards to "part number", here's what I was able to locate that was different in the back:

Under the "C RU US", there is a 6 digit number. My old battery says "E200833". My new one says "MH29634".

Can someone check to see if all the old ones have the "E200833"?
  12.    #12  
    Oh yea...strangely enough...the old battery says "Cell Origin: Japan". The new one says "Cell Origin: Korea".
    I had a battery changed in a sprint repair store a month ago. The batteries were definitely different. Not sure in size, but the top legs in the new battery had two divets in them that weren't in the old battery. And this ended my shut off from the forceful slider close. I didn't compare the actual size of the battery, just the top legs he showed the difference. Still 3.7V DC 1150mAh (min) 4.3 Wh

But i'm looking at my battery now, Its black, says Palm and BP1 on the front. On back says Made in China, Cell Origin Japan, Type: 157-10119-00

Is this same one you have, Chiliu78?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    I had a battery changed in a sprint repair store a month ago. The batteries were definitely different. Not sure in size, but the top legs in the new battery had two divets in them that weren't in the old battery. And this ended my shut off from the forceful slider close. I didn't compare the actual size of the battery, just the top legs he showed the difference. Still 3.7V DC 1150mAh (min) 4.3 Wh

But i'm looking at my battery now, Its black, says Palm and BP1 on the front. On back says Made in China, Cell Origin Japan, Type: 157-10119-00

Is this same one you have, Chiliu78?

The "Japan" part is from my old battery. In regards to the "divits", they too are from the old battery. The old and new have FOUR Legs. Two on top and two on bottom. On the top, inside each leg, there is a slight "gap". If you have this gap, then that is the old. The new ones have NO gaps in any of the legs.

In regards to the "157-10119-00", that's the same number for old and new. The only different number (besides the serial number) is the number under the "C RU US". That number is different as stated earlier.

What do you have for your number under the "C RU US"?
  15.    #15  
    I seriously cannot wait to post these pics. They will show a CLEAR difference between the batteries. Stupid Sony and their cameras! Urgh.
    I just got one of these batterys last weak and the guy let me keep my old battery! Woo!
    The "Japan" part is from my old battery. In regards to the "divits", they too are from the old battery. The old and new have FOUR Legs. Two on top and two on bottom. On the top, inside each leg, there is a slight "gap". If you have this gap, then that is the old. The new ones have NO gaps in any of the legs.

In regards to the "157-10119-00", that's the same number for old and new. The only different number (besides the serial number) is the number under the "C RU US". That number is different as stated earlier.

What do you have for your number under the "C RU US"?
    What you quoted...E200833

So i'm confused...seems there are 3 batteries sprint is handing out:

1st old battery: caused shutdown
    2nd battery: E200833 - stopped shutdown
    3rd battery: one you are saying is new

could there be any chance Sprint just gave me or anyone a centro battery? how do we know which battery is specific to pre?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I got a new battery on saturday and I opend my back and it has a
    "green" sticker on the badck where it covers the "Palm" logo
    I also received a new battery from the Sprint store to resolve my slider / shutdown issue, and the one I received sounds a lot like the one you are talking about. In the end the new battery did not resolve the slider / shutdown issue.

Here is an earlier thread on the same subject.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1703906
    Last edited by jhebert121; 08/10/2009 at 03:12 PM. Reason: added link
    Yeah, I will try and get pics, but my Sprint Rep in CA knows people at Palm who confirmed a battery refresh. They shipped me a new device and I have not had a single reboot yet...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast