Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    My launch day Pre has a battery the same as the new one. Hmm.
    James Kendrick
    Technology Blogger - ZDNet Mobile News
    ZDNet/ CBS Interactive
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    So question is does the new battery last longer than the original ?
    Do you have quick battery drainage problem like some people have with the old batteries?
    See, the thing for me is, I rarely talk on the phone so I cannot compare those tests. However, I can say that the even the new battery in regards to lasting power is the same as the old. I can check email, SMS, tweet, etc, and i'll go from 100% to 95% in a matter of 2 minutes.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    i got the phone a couple of weeks ago and i have the same one as the new battery in the picture..

warranty date is 07/02/2009
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaDocta View Post
    i got the phone a couple of weeks ago and i have the same one as the new battery in the picture..

warranty date is 07/02/2009
    Hey PapaDocta - how is the build quality on your phone? Any wiggle room on the screen? I've been hearding about how after a certain date (July'ish), the build quality on the "new" ones compared to the launch Palm Pre units are very different - different as in much better. Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    i'm having the same problem as you guys.. the screen twist a bit aka "Oreo Effect" .. also there is a wiggle room on the top left part of the screen
    I just linked this thread to another one complaining about slider shut off issues.

Then I checked my battery in my launch day Pre. It's what you are referring to as the "new" battery. I have never had the slider shut off issue by the way.

While your replacement battery is different than your old one, and may have cured your shut off issues, it has been used in at least some of the units from the beginning.

I'm glad it solved your problem.
    yep my battery from launch is identical to the "new" one you posted. and i do get shut downs if i close it too hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Has anyone using a Centro battery had this problem? I wonder what the configuration of that battery is? It's been said they are indentical....but are they?
    Are the Centro batteries okay to use in the Pre? Mine kept shutting down, so I tried a battery out of an old centro and it seems to work better.
    Anyone else tried this?
    Quote Originally Posted by leigh7 View Post
    Are the Centro batteries okay to use in the Pre? Mine kept shutting down, so I tried a battery out of an old centro and it seems to work better.
    Anyone else tried this?
    There are no less than five threads that specifically discuss using Centro batteries with Pre. PLEASE search.

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leigh7 View Post
    Anyone else tried this?
    Yes, I got one with my 2nd Pre from Asurion. I use it all of the time with no problems.
    Maybe they're using the "forbidden" Centro batteries!
    Mine works, but I have to charge my phone so often its not worth the swapping.
    SPRINT changed out my battery with no issues at all. They even cleaed it up on the outside and let me keep the old battery for a spare. No charge. The bag the battery came in was labeled BTREF100. MH29634, Korean origin. Fits real tight with Touchstone back.
    dang, saw the title of this thread and thought Palm was releasing an official extended battery for the Pre. Got really excited until I realized this thread was from like 5 months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by krusenkevin View Post
    There are no less than five threads that specifically discuss using Centro batteries with Pre. PLEASE search.

Seriously, do you have to much free time? I did a Search first, and I read what posts I could find. How do you think I found THIS thread? duh.... And if it's any of your business, the reason I asked about using the centro battery, is because davidra specifically mentioned using a centro battery. And if you look, I was directing my question to him, do you see the Quote? So, if you get some thrill out of flaming people online, in the future please pick on someone else. Thanks for the warm welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    I get some creakyness from the back of my phone, almost like the back isn't on all the way although it really is. I wonder if this new battery would fix that? I may go in and request a new battery.

when I got the touchstone back for my phone this stopped
    They should have just sent all pre owners a small pieces of paper to shove behind the old battery like I had to do....

Much cheaper!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I have one of the older "Cell Origin Japan" batteries that causes the occasional slider reset issue. I've taken the advice here and called palm support and used their chat service. They are having me do reboots and wanted me to do a partial clean. It is very clearly a mechanical issue. Grrr.

Any advice as to how to get through to someone who knows about this?
    I thought I read sprint were giving out the foam pad thing to solve the battery resets. Maybe in store might help?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Some stores don't have the foam anymore. But if you tell them you want them to fix it,they will get a piece of paper and do it that way. No charge.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123