Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    It's a choppy pic. I had to use my HTC MyTouch to take a pic of the pic on my Sony Camera. Hopefully this clears up the "differences". This pic represents that TOP of the battery. The bottom battery is the OLD. The top is NEW. Note that there are no "gaps" in the leg.

2.    #22  
    Another pic. This is the bottom of the battery. Left is the old, right is the new.

3.    #23  
    Anyone else have the "new" one and experiencing problems?
    Interesting - I just checked the battery that came with my Pre, and I have the "new" one, that has the MH29634 under the "C RU US." It looks exactly like the "new" one in the pics.

I got my Pre a month ago.

EDIT: my warranty date is 06/21/2009
    Last edited by DryBear; 08/10/2009 at 03:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    I don't remember my old phone but the new phone I received with the warranty date of 07/21/2009 has the new battery you mention; with the origin of Korea and the correct tabs. And I haven't experienced any problems with the phone or battery; this phone has been built very nicely.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I got a new battery on Sunday at the Sprint store, and it has all four tabs similiar to the one you got. It's been working great so far. (knock on wood)
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by DryBear View Post
    Interesting - I just checked the battery that came with my Pre, and I have the "new" one, that has the MH29634 under the "C RU US." It looks exactly like the "new" one in the pics.

I got my Pre a month ago.

EDIT: my warranty date is 06/21/2009
    DryBear - so have you had any resetting issues when you slide the screen up and down?

I truly believe that these are the new and improved batteries. I have much more confidence sliding the screen up and down now. I use to pray prior to closing the screen in fear that it would reset.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I just checked mines and while its a new battery It doesn't show the "mah" rating so idk what the actual rating is but it works wonderful
    Got my Pre on the 26th of July and it came with the newer battery. I've only had one random reset, but I wasn't even touching the phone at the time so I'll chalk that up to a software bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    DryBear - so have you had any resetting issues when you slide the screen up and down?

I truly believe that these are the new and improved batteries. I have much more confidence sliding the screen up and down now. I use to pray prior to closing the screen in fear that it would reset.
    Haven't had any spontaneous resets at all with the new version OEM battery. No fear of opening the slider here
    So is Sprint replacing these batteries for free? I have the problem but put a piece a paper at the top edge of the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    So is Sprint replacing these batteries for free? I have the problem but put a piece a paper at the top edge of the battery.
    Yea, those of you who say you got the new battery at a sprint repair store, was it free w/ insurance?

I got mine on launch day, no problems what so ever. Than about 3 days ago, out of nowhere, it turned off 3x when closing the slider. I was so pissed, because I thought I was lucky to have a perfect Pre from day one. I'm using the piece of paper trick I read about on here, and no more random shut downs(when closing slider).

I would however like the have the newer battery just to be sure the problem doesn't escalate.
    Last edited by breakinghbts; 08/11/2009 at 02:07 AM. Reason: to specify random=closing slider
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    will the newer battery be included with newer pre's? or do we have to go out and replace it?
    yeah i am interested if anyone has been able to replace the old one for the new at the SPrint store
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I have a day one Pre and for about a month it was working perfectly. Then all of a sudden it got the slider shutoff disease. Took it to the Sprint Store, explained the issue, they switched the batteryfor free. That battery made it worse, went back on Sunday, explained the situation again, and then put in a new battery.

All the battery exchanges were free. Just explain the issue, they know it's a defect.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I put the paper in there as well with my old battery but if you close the slider hard enough (and not even that hard) it will reset.

The Sprint rep ordered the new battery for FREE for me. He ordered it on Saturday and I got it on Monday.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by breakinghbts View Post
    Yea, those of you who say you got the new battery at a sprint repair store, was it free w/ insurance?

I got mine on launch day, no problems what so ever. Than about 3 days ago, out of nowhere, it turned off 3x when closing the slider. I was so pissed, because I thought I was lucky to have a perfect Pre from day one. I'm using the piece of paper trick I read about on here, and no more random shut downs(when closing slider).

I would however like the have the newer battery just to be sure the problem doesn't escalate.
    I do not have insurance and I was past my 30 days. I got my Pre on day 1. The battery was free.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    yeah i am interested if anyone has been able to replace the old one for the new at the SPrint store
    I think this depends on the store. The flagship store in Philadelphia did not have any of the new batteries in stock so the guy ordered it for me. Ironically, he was the only one in there that knew about the battery issue. Additionally, no one in there knew about the screen crack issue. Go figure.

Sprint is giving me a call today to make sure that I received my battery and whether or not it works. I will tell them that it works but unlike my original phone (was replaced due to 2 hairline cracks on screen), when I have my replacement phone closed, the screen is wobbly. Not oreo wobbly, but uncomfortable to the point where I would press on the screen to click on a link and you can feel that there's a tiny gap between the screen and the keyboard. It feels like a double click. Annoying. It does twist about 2 mm to the right beyond the threshold. That has me concerned as well.

I check the manufacture date on this replacement unit and it's 6/5. I want a more recent phone.
    Has anyone using a Centro battery had this problem? I wonder what the configuration of that battery is? It's been said they are indentical....but are they?
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    So question is does the new battery last longer than the original ?
    Do you have quick battery drainage problem like some people have with the old batteries?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast