Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Wow nice to see the D-bags in full force. These forums have gone down hill big time.

    Op it wasn't always like this.
    I gotta agree with you that the forum has gone down hill big time. But your wrong about the OP. He pretty much does his best to stir the pot every day. Just look at his last couple of threads.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ter-build.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...g-verbage.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-terrible.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...g-feature.html
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  2. sumitk's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #22  
    FWIW, I found this thread useful. The Pre is different enough in many respects that it is foolhardy to assume every old feature applies.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    well, I've been using Blackberry for the past 4 years, and pressing the talk button on a BB just brings up the call log.
    I've been using a BlackBerry for years. Pressing the talk button once brings up the call log. Pressing it twice (like the Pre) dials the last number.
  4. #24  
    +1 to Kasracer.

    -1 to the poster who said "not on the Centro." I'm looking at my son's right now.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I gotta agree with you that the forum has gone down hill big time. But your wrong about the OP. He pretty much does his best to stir the pot every day. Just look at his last couple of threads.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ter-build.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...g-verbage.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-terrible.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...g-feature.html
    If you think those threads are an attempt to stir the pot, you need to grow up. All I ever look for is constructive conversation. It's not my fault threads always get blown out of proportion by people like you.

    It's not just my threads either. It happens to just about every thread on here.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I've been using a BlackBerry for years. Pressing the talk button once brings up the call log. Pressing it twice (like the Pre) dials the last number.
    Pressing the talk button on the Pre does not bring up the call log like on the BB, thus the functionality is different, albeit similar.

    Like someone said before, the Pre is different in so many ways, it was just surprising to come across that particular feature.

    Thanks to all those able to restrain themselves from filling this thread with useless posts.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    Pressing the talk button on the Pre does not bring up the call log like on the BB, thus the functionality is different, albeit similar.

    Like someone said before, the Pre is different in so many ways, it was just surprising to come across that particular feature.

    Thanks to all those able to restrain themselves from filling this thread with useless posts.
    You do kinda stir the pot a little. The difference between you and the trolls is that you are not being inflammatory. Some people point out the issues to get things fixed, and some point out issues to **** people off. As long as you stick with the former, most will hold their fire.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 08/10/2009 at 11:11 PM.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    +1 to Kasracer.

    -1 to the poster who said "not on the Centro." I'm looking at my son's right now.
    Why do I get a -1 ... what does your son's centro do? Is it a Sprint Centro?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    You do kinda stir the pot a liitle. The difference between you and the trolls is that you are not being inflammatory. Some people point out the issues to get things fixed, and some point out issues to **** people off. As long as you stick with the former, most will hold their fire.
    well, if the pot gets stirred, it's certainly not for the sake of angering people.
  10. #30  
    thanks. i didnt realize this feature.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    Pressing the talk button on the Pre does not bring up the call log like on the BB, thus the functionality is different, albeit similar.
    You did not originally discuss this functionality. You discussed pressing once to bring up the last number dialed and pressing it again to call. The BlackBerry does the exact same-thing.

    Why you decided to talk about the call log is irrelevant to your original conversation .
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    Like someone said before, the Pre is different in so many ways, it was just surprising to come across that particular feature.
    So because the Pre is so different... it shouldn't behave like all other cellphones do with calling functionality? That just sounds... weird.

    Like I mentioned before, my Panasonic cell phone from 2000 did the exact same-thing. Seems silly to bring it up as a "new dialer feature" which makes me think you either wanted to start messing with people or like making stuff up. Considering you already had a BlackBerry you knew other phones already had this...
  12. #32  
    I did wonder how to do this over the weekend. Thanks. I also just figured out that you can also hold the enter button and it will also redial.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    You did not originally discuss this functionality.
    Like I mentioned before, my Panasonic cell phone from 2000 did the exact same-thing. Seems silly to bring it up as a "new dialer feature" which makes me think you either wanted to start messing with people or like making stuff up. Considering you already had a BlackBerry you knew other phones already had this...
    So with your Panasonic, you touch the screen and it will redial? Pretty forward thinking for Panasonic.
  14. #34  
    wow some people need to lighten up! like my grandmother says take a chill pill homes!!
  15. #35  
    Yes it does, at least on CDMA Sprint or Verizon Centro in the Phone app...hit green button, it shows last few calls for you to re-dial...

    The AT&T/GSM Centro have a different phone app...not sure what it does when you hit the green button on the phone app.


    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    Not on a Palm Centro...
  16. #36  
    To the OP, another not so new feature: pressing the talk button twice on a bluetooth headset redials the last number as well.
  17. #37  
    Because my son's Centro does exactly the same thing we're talking about...the same thing all cell phones do. Where hitting the call button twice redials the last number.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo101 View Post
    wow some people need to lighten up! like my grandmother says take a chill pill homes!!

    Your grandmother talks to houses?
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo101 View Post
    wow some people need to lighten up! like my grandmother says take a chill pill homes!!
    That was your Grandma? I thought it was Watson talking to Sherlock after a long day of deducing.

    Sherlock - "Watson, it has been a long day of deducing. Why can't we just infer like everyone else?"

    Watson - "Not this again... take a icey medical lozenge, Holmes!"

    See... I think your Grandma stole that.
  20. #40  
    how do i access the "phone" function on ths pre?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions