View Poll Results: Do you use PreLoad for your primary source of ringtones?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 20.55%
  • No

15 20.55%
  • What is PreLoad?

43 58.90%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am now taking ringtone requests. I can take songs you want and make them sound like you dreamed!

Please provide the song, artist, and effect you want on the song (flanger, pitch change, etc.)

I WILL NOT JUST DOWNLOAD A RINGTONE FOR YOU, DO THAT YOURSELF! I AM HERE TO EDIT RINGTONES! (Louder, flanger, pitch change, etc.)

Want kanye to sound like alvin and the chipmunks? Rascal Flatts autuned? Lil Wayne like darth vader?

Unique suggestions only please! I will not just give out a regular ringtone, it has to involve some kind of cool effect.

BTW: If you are looking for regular ringtones, I have submitted over 1500 ringtones/sounds and a few hundred wallpapers to PMP, and they are currently available to download via PreLoad. Totals are around 2000 for both! Many users, no donations. Don't forget to donate! If not me, then to PimpMyPre! (For all their hard work, especially on PreLoad).

I will send in the requests given to me as well, so you can download them from PreLoad.

Requests made so far (LINKS):

Treo Original_louder

Life Is A Highway_louder

Danger Zone - Top Gun_louder

Doug - Theme_louder

Halloween-Theme_louder

They Reminisce Over You - Horns_louder/emphasis

Play Me Off Keyboard Cat_louder

They Reminisce Over You-Polyphonic_louder

BB Notification_louder

If rapidshare links stop working, let me know. (some are zedge)

Note from PMP PreLoad Dev:

Quote Originally Posted by pimpmypre View Post
    Actually, PreLoad is designed to give Pre users access to everything - wallpapers, sounds, ringtones, apps and a simple place to chat. It gives people control over what folders things get downloaded to too. We feel it gives a lot of control to users and easy access to many items, not just apps.

It is also (in the next version) set up to allow the addition of repositories from any standard application feed.

It was not designed to put out just our own apps, of which only 1 is currently released (other than PreLoad). It is a repository app, much like the repository apps for the iPhone.

We are currently making more apps, which we will put in PreLoad AND send out on a feed for any app that accepts feeds can add. We feel it's a community, not a competition. Not saying you don't feel the same way; just expressing how we feel.

We're also working on letting developers view stats on their applications and updates, so they have an idea how they are accepted by the public. We will also have comments and ratings built in to the app, giving developers even more feedback. Plus there's more I'm not ready to release yet.

Our repo grows every day and the app is being so well used that we're about to surpass 60 Gigs of bandwidth this month alone. We keep receiving more and more items to put in the repo every day as well.

If you guys haven't checked it out, maybe you should! It makes adding cool stuff to your Pre much easier!

UPDATED 8/14/09: Download the latest version of PreLoad From -

http://pimpmypre.com/data/versions/c..._1.9.4_all.ipk

REGARDING NEW UPDATE:

Quote Originally Posted by kingjain View Post
    THE NEW PRELOAD UPDATE IS OUT!!

-"It includes ratings, comments, adding repositories with a standard feed, back gesture fixes, a new app that tells you when any app in PreLoad needs updating, ordering the lists by any means you want (alphabetical in both directions, newest, ratings, downloads)."

This is now, by far, one of the best apps for the pre!
    Last edited by kingjain; 08/14/2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: clarification
    freebird
    I am confused.

The Pre can already make a ringtone from any song. Plus we have talked for months about how to tweak the volume and cut out just the parts we want.

It literally takes about 2 minutes to make our own Pre ringtones.

Why do we need someone to do it for us?

Are you thinking we might need ringtones for other phones?

To: ScaryHumor, the Freebird ending was one of the first ones I made.

- Craig
  4.    #4  
    Sorry for the confusion.

Like I said

"I will not just give out a regular ringtone, it has to involve some kind of cool effect. "

I want this thread to be a place for people to post a song they like, and tell me an effect they want for the song. Then I can apply the effect, like a flanger, high pitch, etc, and make a cool customized ringer out of it. So i need people to tell me the song they want, and the effect they want on it.

@scaryhumor: what effect do you want on freebird?
    Last edited by kingjain; 08/10/2009 at 02:15 PM.
    The 2 minutes to make a ringtone is typically using Audacity as it has dozens of effects. In a matter of seconds you can try different levels of dozens of cuts of your song and effects.

Effects include: Amplify, BassBoast, Change Pitch, Echo, EQ, Fade In, Fade Out, Noise Removal, Phase Shifting, WahWah, etc. There are other programs that have more effects but Audacity is free and stupidly easy.

The only effect I use is Amplify because often the section of the track is too soft. Even with that one effect I try it a dozens of different ways before I pick the level I like best. Other than that, I really like how Lynard Skynard and the rest do their own songs.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/10/2009 at 02:23 PM.
  6.    #6  
    I will check it out now.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Hey Milo...with due respect, take it easy!! Seems like he or she just wants to do something nice! I'm sure I could figure it out, I would just rather spend my time doing something else and give KingJain my ringtone idea. That being said, I can't think of anything right now KingJain
  8.    #8  
    Ahh. Okay, i see. Pretty cool freeware ;D

Well if you want mixes of different songs together, or any kind of alteration, i guess i can do that. Audacity is still fairly basic. I am using DJ software, where it is more for mixes I guess.

There is a big difference though. You cannot do chipmunk effects, or things like that with audacity. If you do a pitch change, it will change the pitch of everything, not just the voice, and it will sound really crumby lol. It is very basic and useful. Great if you want to make a simple ringtone.

I am saying that I can throw in some cool sound effects, if anyone wants a song edited in that kind of way, and maintain pro quality.
  9.    #9  
    It's no problem

I know the mods get plenty of useless threads they have to deal with all day ;D

Maybe I will post an example of what I am trying to do, b/c I seem to suck at explaining it lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by degoluce View Post
    Hey Milo...with due respect, take it easy!! Seems like he or she just wants to do something nice! I'm sure I could figure it out, I would just rather spend my time doing something else and give KingJain my ringtone idea. That being said, I can't think of anything right now KingJain
    I am all about nice!

But note that the OP is soliciting donations for this. In fairness, before you are ask someone to pay for a ringtone, they should know that they can make your own. And do it just how they want. It is fun!

Our sister site Crackberry already has a zillion great ringtones. No donation needed.

You can download thousands of free mp3 ringtones from many sources including CrackBerry, Freesound, or zedge...

- Craig
  11.    #11  
    The donation goes to PMP, not me.

I think I was taken the wrong way, I am not looking for donations...
    @ kingjain: I understood you perfectly, it just seems that Milo took it the wrong way. BTW thanks for all the cool uploads you've made to preload, I'm using about 15 of your ringtones and sounds right now, at least there's someone that's paying attention to PMP's PreLoad app. Seems like no one else wants to acknowledge it.... wonder why?
  13. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    What I need/want is the Treo (original) ringtone made REALLY loud. For some reason it won't work on my Audacity. Nor will two of my other ones, Danger Zone and Life is a Highway. I cranked as high as it would let me to no avail.
  14.    #14  
    @niris - I have no idea. It is becoming a quick media necessity for the pre! Easy ringtone and wallpaper downloads, right from the pre, in seconds! I can't wait until you can organize stuff by name, and other ways, because it is getting a little messy as is. ENJOY!

@milo - You cannot use sites like crackberry and zedge to download ringers right from the pre. If you can, you need to copy the link and all that. Which, is not that big a deal, but why do it when you can use a service like PreLoad. The whole reason I am submitting the stuff in is so that it can become a ringtone/wallpaper warehouse, and an easy way for ppl with pres to dload their favorite things.

@everyone - The point of this thread was taken the wrong way...all I want is suggestions for UNIQUE ringtones with sound effects....anyone?
  15.    #15  
    @ame- I will up it on zedge.

any editing?
    Last edited by kingjain; 08/10/2009 at 03:46 PM.
  16. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Nah, as it is. I just think my Audacity sucks it. I am on a Mac too so that usually doesn't help, most of these ringtone programs don't like my computer.
  17. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjain View Post
    @ame-

treo original made louder, i upped it on zedge:

http://www.zedge.net/ringtones/75531...loud-ringtone/
    hmmm not working. What's the filename and Ill just search it?

THANK YOU!
  18.    #18  
    @ame-sorry, here it is again

treo original made louder:

Treo Original

I will go ahead and make the others too.
    Last edited by kingjain; 08/12/2009 at 02:19 PM.
  19. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Rad, thank you. So much better!
  20.    #20  
    Here is the louder Life is a Highway:

Life Is A Highway

Zedge wouldnt let me upload it b/c of copyright. Enjoy!

BTW: Can you please specify which Danger Zone, I know of a few, and want to be sure. (I'm guessing top gun though)
    Last edited by kingjain; 08/12/2009 at 02:22 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast